25. Horan and Me

Karen's POV:

It's been at least two months since me and Niall Horan have been going out. Lately though, I have been feeling left out.

Not only because he has been on tour for a bit but we haven't said a word to each other for a while. No, actually since the last time we saw each other and that was Halloween. The only good thing about this all was that I have been hanging out with Michael and we have caught up with each other since a year of him in coma.

"Hey are you ready yet?" Someone knocked on the door gently. I smiled and turned around facing the mirror once more to see if I was done.

"Yes, now I am" I chirped. I opened the door to find a dressed up young man standing in front of me.

"Wow! You look spectacular!" Michaels word echoed in my ears. I blushed slightly.

"You look quite handsome yourself, love" I answered in a British accent. He shook his head.

"No love, leave that to the professionals" He winked. "May I?"He handed his hands out. I accepted and we both waltz out of the room and into the limo waiting for us outside. Like always everyone was already inside the limo waiting for us with there dates. My sister was with Jack, James with Rose, and finally Andrew with Alex. Though there was one more couple.

Matthew and Nathaniel. They wanted to go like that because well they didn't want any dates. I laughed at the thought if it.

"I still can't believe it's already Christmas in like a day" I announced finally. Everyone who was in the limo looked at me and nodded.

"I know! I can't wait to see what you gave me" Matthew jokingly said. I punched his shoulder playfully.

"Same for me" I laughed. Michael put his arms around me and tugged me closer to him.

"I can't wait to see William after a long while of not seeing him" He responded. I nodded.

"I can't wait to see Niall...I haven't seen or talked to him in a long while" I sighed. Michael just snuggled me more into him.

"Don't worry it will be fine" He reassured me. I nodded to his helpful words and sucked in the bad thoughts of him being with someone else. Why would he? He had been waiting for a long while to finally be together again since the accident anyways.

When we finally arrived to our destination like Nathaniel said we all jumped out the car and into the big building standing in front of us.

"Wow!" We all gasped at the shining lights covering the building. It looked unbelievable, mostly like the ones you saw in movies.

"Let's go?" Michael advised me. I nodded but once we took steps closer to the place my heart stopped beating and I became really tense.

Niall Horan, my boyfriend is in there. The one I haven't talked to in a while and the same one that didn't even ask to come to me and ask me to this ball.

I started to get bad thoughts in my mind. Thoughts about things that haven't happened yet. My fantasies and my worst nightmares.

"Ready?" Michael asked me before he opened the door to the place. I took a deep breath to calm down but it didn't help. I just wanted to run away, I was scared of what would happen in there. I was basically scared of my fears.

"No I'm not" I finally croaked out. Michael grabbed both my hands and wrapped them together with his.

"If anything goes wrong we are there for you Karen." I looked at everyone who was staring right back at me. They smiled back in response.