16. The Old Me

“So what did Niall tell you again?” James  said. I nodded as I drinked the tea he made me.

“He said like in January when they were here in LA, they were visiting the hospital for some of their fans and he saw me walk down the hallway, he fell down and I helped him up” I paused as much as I tried to remember I couldn’t “We talked for a while and he told me how I told him that my grandpa was in the hospital and all”

“Oh really?” he said, I nodded

“Yes he told me that he was really shocked that I didn’t know he was and that he gave me his number and we Skyped and all” I sighed, how did I not remember anything about this? James poured me some more hot tea.

“Really? You never told me about this before, even after I told you about One Direction” he drinked some of his tea and hummed to the music outside.

“That’s what I want to know, maybe I was keeping it a secret from everyone? Niall said he never told me to keep it a secret, he did tell me who he was and that he was famous” I smiled “He said I kept it a secret without him even telling me” James smiled 

“You do have a good heart” He grinned, I just blushed. “You really do though, you care for the people that are around you, and you treat us like family…” he trailed off “Even your family does” I just chuckled

“Yea they really love you guys” I smiled, I sipped some of my tea, it wasn’t as hot as before anymore.

“Haha the guys even call them mother and father” He chuckled “Wait you said he had to show you something?” I nodded

“This” I handed him a picture of him and me smiling to the camera in chat.

“Woe” James just said shocked, I nodded.

“Yup I didn’t believe him at first but he showed me this, then I believed him” I still couldn’t believe what was happening, but it has happened.

“How long did you guys talk then?” James said as he looked at the picture.

“Oh yea um he said we talked for a whole seven months, sometimes though when he wasn’t busy” I felt my stomach twist, no wonder he blushed when he looked at me. “Though he said he got caught but Demi Lovato helped him out, she said she Skyped him and not me” although this all seems true why couldn’t I remember?

“You know what why don’t you get on your Skype and lets find out?” James got up and went towards the living room. What was he thinking of? He came back with a big present, I gave him a confused look.

“What’s this?” I asked as he handed it to me

“Open it and find out” he smirked

“But it isn’t Christmas yet?” I said

“It is in London” He chuckled, I just giggled and looked at the little card. I opened it and read it. ‘Merry Christmas from James, Matthew, and Andrew’ I smiled as I opened it. I saw only a purple drawing with an apple on it. I gasped, it wasn’t what I thought it was, was it? I opened it to see an iMac sitting in my lap. I looked up at James who just and nodded.

“Oh my I can’t accept this James!” I said as I handed him back the present, he got it and put it back in my lap

“No it’s yours we saved up the money to give it to you, it’s our gift for being a best friend to us” he smiled. I put the laptop down and hugged him, tightly

“Thank you, I really appreciate it” I whispered in his ear, I got up “I have to thank Andrew and Matthew” as I started walking to go find Andrew and Matthew, James got my hand and pulled me towards him, making me sit in his lap.