27. Meeting Him was Final

"When did she sleep?" Someone asked. I tried to answer but my body wouldn't let me move so I stood quiet.

"I guess during the ride, she must've been really sleepy" Someone answered.

"Hmm well let's just let her sleep I guess?"

"Good idea, lets go get a burger?"

Now it was clear to me on who was talking.

"Yes please I'm starving mate"

"Haha I know you would Mike"

From then on all I heard is the door closing softly and gently. I tried to stretch but my body was weak. Of course I haven't slept in a while and jet lag is the worst. I took a deep breath and pushed myself up. Only to be joined by the floor.

"God dammit" I huffed. Gently and smoothly I put my arm over my bed to help myself up. Expectations were running low when my feet didn't respond.

"Need any help?" Someone from behind me made me flinch. I turned around to be met by no one else but Michael.

"I-I thought you left?" I asked.

"I came back to get my jacket, I thought you were asleep"

"I was but there are many other things to do" I sighed and pushed myself up one more time.

"No, you should get some sleep" Michael came up to me and carried me up.

"I'm okay Michael it's just jet lag" I protested.

"Exactly why you should sleep"

I sighed.

"If you want I can stay here and help you sleep if your scared" He smirked. I rolled my eyes.

"It's not that but...I really just want to open that box"

He furrowed his eyebrows.

"What box?"

"The one you gave me at the airport"

"Oh!" He got up from his place and searched my bag for the present. "You actually didn't open it?"

"Well no...you said to open it until we get here"

He smiled while handing me the present. I breathed in and looked at the little red polka dotted box in front of me. I carefully opened it little by little. Unwrapping it made me a little nervous.

"So do you like it?" Michael chirped in.

"One things for sure, I think I'll cherish this forever" I answered while looking at the little trinket necklace in front of me.

"Open it, there is more"

I carefully opened the heart to be found by one picture.

"Oh my...Michael-"

"Remember that right?" He questioned me before I could finish. I nodded. I looked at the picture. There is was me, Michael, William, Matthew, James, Nathaniel, Alex, and Rose smiling at the camera in front of us. The birthday surprise I had after Michael had picked me up from the hospital. Their house by the beach, my old home before that Christmas accident. It all came back to me.

"It's the picture we took for my birthday two years ago" I smiled widely. He nodded. I looked at him eye to eye and finally gave in to hug him. "I love it"

"I figured what's a better present but a little old memory to take with you for the tour?" He smiled. I nodded.

"Old memory huh" I looked up. "Feels like it was yesterday though"