Peppermint Tea

TRIGGER WARNINGS: Panic attack
AN: This is a request for @Milana0304 :) I hope you like it!
~corpse pov~
I can do this. I can go to one party with all my friends.

I couldn't believe it when Rae told me that they were planning this YouTuber party that would only have people who have seen my face. Pretty much meaning it's specifically planned for me.

No pressure.

"Are you sure you can handle this?" Sykkuno asks, looking away from the road for a minute to check on me.

"Y-yeah," I say before clearing my throat nervously.

"Really? Cause you haven't stopped tapping your foot since we left home."

I immediately stop the movement but then feel all the anxiety building up inside of me, so I start chewing my nails instead.

"I know, I know. Yes, I'm fine."

"Okay, cool. We're really close."

The party is gonna be at Jack's house which is also freaking me out cause I've never been there before. I like going to places that I'm familiar with so that I won't embarrass myself. I'd rather hold it than ask where the bathroom is somewhere. I'd rather go starving or die of thirst than ask for food and water or even have to eat in front of people. What if I have food on my face or in my teeth and I don't know?

I absentmindedly tear off more of my nail than I meant to while I'm lost in my thoughts and it starts bleeding.

Before I know it we're pulling up to a nice little house. It's modern and in one of those neighborhoods where all of them look exactly the same except for the paint colors.

"Come on," Thomas says, opening his door and stepping out of the car.

I put a mask on and pull my hood up before getting out. I trust everyone that is gonna be here today, but I'm scared that I'll accidentally be in the back of a picture or something. Better safe than sorry.

We go up to the front door and Sykkuno knocks before stepping back. A minute later Poki lets us in the house with a squeal.

"Oh my god! Hi guys!" She says excitedly as she hugs us.

"Hi Poki," Sykkuno chimes.

"Hey," I add.

"Come on, everyone's in the kitchen."

We follow her through the house until the voices get louder and more people come into sight. I glance around and see Jack, Pewds, and Toast talking and drinking beers while Mark, Rae, and Poki are serving food.

"You guys made it! What's up Corpsy?" Jack shouts, coming over to bro hug us.

It's not really his fault, but the sudden contact leaves my heart pounding. Everyone is chit-chatting and eating and having a nice time so I try to calm down and enjoy myself.

"Not much, I like your house," I say.

"Thanks," he chuckles.

I like your house? I like your fucking house? What kind of a compliment is that? I could have just said it was nice to see him or I could have kept my fucking mouth shut.

I sit on a bar stool and Jack gets me a coke before going back to his conversation with the other guys.

I just study the cold can because I can't drink it without taking off my mask. I'm fine, I'm good, no problem here.

It only takes a couple of minutes for me to realize that I am definitely not good. My heart rate starts picking up again as I get more and more upset with myself. Why can I never just enjoy something? This is the perfect time for me to hang out with these people that I only ever talk to online and I should feel completely calm and just have fun, but no. Here I am, sitting alone.
They probably don't like me. They probably think I'm such a freak cause usually I'm fun and yet I can't fucking function in real life.