Decaf

TRIGGER WARNINGS: none :)
AN: Credit for the story idea goes to Milana0304 I hope y'all enjoy it, please vote and comment! :p
~Sykkuno pov~
I look up from my phone just in time to watch Corpse's chin slip off of his hand, causing him to nearly face-plant into his cereal. His eyes fly open and he gasps before sitting up straight.

"Dude, that's the third time you've nearly fallen asleep this morning, are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm good. I just haven't been sleeping well."

I nod in understanding. My friend has a laundry list of reasons that he can't sleep. Sometimes it's achy muscles from fibromyalgia, sometimes it's anxiety, and sometimes it's good old fashion insomnia. Obviously, I don't know what it is this time, but it seems to be really taking a toll on him.

"Well we're supposed to be going over to Poki's for movie night, are you sure you don't want to stay home and get to bed at a good time?"

It's so fleeting that I almost wonder if I made it up, but I'm pretty sure a flash of fear passes over his features.

"No, I definitely want to come with you, I'll be fine."

"Okay, as long as you're sure."

He nods quickly.

We both end up on an "Among Us" stream that afternoon and I can't help but notice the constant yawns coming from Corpse anytime his mic isn't muted. I don't think I've ever seen him get this tired before. Usually, he'll have one or two bad nights of sleep and then pass out for twenty-four hours to make up for it.

"Alright, Corpse and I have to go," I say eventually, knowing I want to stop for coffee before going to Poki's.

"I'll see you guys in a bit!" She says excitedly over her mic.

A few minutes later Corpse and I are headed across town. Usually, when we go places he nervously fiddles with the radio or his fingers or does some other nervous habit, but today he's calm. He's got a mask on and his hood pulled up as he rests his head against the window, looking out at the rain.

I don't bother him, knowing he's tired, and we travel in silence. He eventually speaks up when I pull into the parking lot of our favorite little coffee place.

"I'll take a large black coffee," he says, digging in his wallet and pulling out money for me.

"Okay."

I go inside and get my drink and one large black coffee... only I order it decaf. For some reason Corpse is trying not to sleep, I don't know if it's cause he wants to be fun at Poki's or if it's something else, but I can't let him drink a ton of caffeine. He needs rest.

I was worried he might notice somehow that his coffee is decaf, but he doesn't. We sip our drinks and bring them with us as we walk up to Poki's apartment.

"My favorite boys!" She squeals, flinging the door open. She jumps up and down and pulls us into hugs.

"Hi Poki," I chuckle, giving her a quick squeeze before letting go.

"Hey," Corpse says, obviously made uncomfortable by the hug Poki forced him into. Sometimes she's too caring for her own good.

"Come in, come in! I've got Charlie and the Chocolate Factory pulled up on Netflix but if you want to watch something else we totally can and I've got candy and popcorn and ice cream and pop and-"

"That sounds great," Corpse laughs, cutting her off.

We all sit on the couch with the coffee table heaped high with snacks in front of us. After chit-chatting for a while we start the movie and Poki turns off the lights. We aren't even fifteen minutes in when I look over and find Corpse dozing off.