We're Moving

TRIGGER WARNINGS: none
AN: don't forget to vote and comment! Sorry, these are so short, I'll give you a longer one when I come up with a good idea!
~Corpse pov~
I heave a sigh as I roll over in bed again. I haven't gotten any sleep cause Sykkuno is being loud in the living room. He keeps knocking things over and scaring the crap out of me.

I finally crawl out from under my warm blanket and pull my door open.

"Sykkuno shut the fuck up!" I groan.

After some rustling, my roommate's bedroom door opens up.

"Why should I shut up? You're the one making all the noise!"

We look at each other for a minute, realizing that neither of us is the culprit for the disturbance in the living room.

"Corpse?"

"Hmm?"

"Is someone in there?"

My heart is pounding in my chest but I ignore it, knowing that Thomas would never be brave enough to figure out what's going on. I duck back into my room and grab the baseball bat that I store under my bed.

"I'll take care of it," I assure him.

He nods and I can feel his presence behind me as I creep down the hall and peer into our main living space.

No one.

I step fully into the room, weapon at the ready, but there's nothing. Some pictures and lamps are knocked over, but I don't see anyone.

"Well?" I hear Sykkuno chirp.

"Nothing, no one's in here."

"That's almost scarier, what was making all that noise?"

"I don't-" my sentence fades as I look at the ceiling. "Fuck!" I yell, darting back into the hallway.

"What? Is it a ghost? A murderer?"

"There's a bat!" I whisper yell.

"A bat? That's it, either you're getting rid of it or we're moving."

"Why do I have to get rid of it?"

"Cause... um, cause your voice is deeper!"

"That makes no sense!"

"Yeah it does, a deeper voice means you're braver."

"Ugh, fine, but I need a laundry basket and a trash bag."

Five minutes later I'm shuffling into the living room with a laundry basket on my head... don't judge me. I spot the bat chilling in the corner of the ceiling, so I make my way and slowly climb up on the couch so I can reach it. Up close the creature is even creepier than I thought it would be so I blindly try to get it in the bag which only succeeds in scaring it.

"Oh my god! oh my god!!" Sykkuno shrieks, hiding in the hallway.

There's a banging on the wall followed by yelling.

"Be quiet! We have kids trying to sleep!"

Oops.

I make the decision that this needs to be done. I spot the flying rodent again and quickly hold the bag open, crossing the room and leaping to catch it. The little creature flaps around in the bag as I hold the opening shut. I take it out onto the balcony and close the door behind me before I let it loose. I watch it fly away and I honestly think it's kinda cool to see him against the moonlit sky.

When I go back inside Thomas is sprawled out on the couch with his hand dramatically draped over his forehead.

"That was so scary," he whines.

"Oh yeah, cause you fucking caught the thing. Let's go to sleep."

"Alright."

"Are you gonna thank me?"

"I wasn't planning on it, but thank you Corpse, you're my hero."

"That's what I thought, goodnight."

"Night."

564 words :)