At the station

Hello, hello sweete! I came back from my one-month rest period as a writer. I plan on updating my story at every weekend. I hope you will enjoy it! In the meantime, take care of yourself!

Six o'clock in the morning. Sam, Penny, Elvis and Ellie are already gathering in the hall, ready for the shift. The volunteers left recently.

-"Okay team! Ready to switch!" Steele says, and the team's arrow is straight. - "Check the equipment, the vehicles! There is office work today."

-"Can start firefighters!"- says Chief Fire Officer Boyce as he enters the hall. The team salutes.

-"What were you doing, sir?"- Sam asks a little worried.

-"I want to talk with you, Sam!"- Boyce says.

-"What happened? Who's going to kick again?" - Sam's heart begins to beat faster.

-"Just come with me, Samuel! You too, Steele!" - The light-blond-haired firefighter starts calmly. Sam looks at his team. Their anxious gazes meet. He wanders slowly up the stairs after his bosses. They have a bad experience with this, the first kick out.

-"Come on Sam, you don't have to be afraid."- Steele smiles. Sam enters the office door and closes it.

-"I'm here ..."- the red-haired firefighter says uncertainly. - "Do you want to talk with me about ... yesterday?"

-"That's it! Sam! Yesterday, you.... risked the morale of yourself and your companions by leaving the race on a wooden picture! That put an end to Pontypandy's firefighters and even the townspeople!"- Boyce looks sternly.

- "But ... I ...  I just because of the fire!"

- "Yes, because of the fire! Note, however, that the volunteers were here!"

- "But they couldn't stand the fire ......."

- "Too much but! They should have been in the race themselves!"

- "Yes! But our ..... town was in trouble! We couldn't let it burn, people get hurt. This is our job, and it's more important than a race. Life is also a race where we also work as a team! Yes, and a decision had to be made, and yes, I didn't ask for the consent of Station Officer Steele.I brought it and we shouted the rehearsal with the team, we won the real race!" - his gaze was directed all the way to the two men in front of him. Boyce was angry all along, then smiles at what Sam had to say.

-"That's what I expected from you, Sam."

-"Im sorry sir, but What?" - Sam looks questioningly.

-"Sam, there will be a big change in your life. I'm retiring and I'd like to be replaced by a worthy firefighter! Who's selfless, brave and always ready for action.  I'd be happy  if you were!"- Station Officer Steele smiles.

-"Me?" The red-haired firefighter marvels.

-"Yes. I allow Horatcio Boyce to allow you, Samuel Peyton Jones, to take over the Station Officer of Norris Steele at the Pontypandy fire station. All that will be required is theoretical and practical permission, which we believe will be successful."

-"Are you sure?"

-"Yeah, we're fully sure Sam. Provided you want to be Station Officer." -the blonde, plump firefighter clasps his hands.

-"Yes, I want." Sam reveals. "But what will happen with ... ?"- Sam asks of his frozen face, then looks at Steele, who shakes his head, and Sam abandons the sentence.

-"What will happen?"- Horatio asks, raising an eyebrow. Sam purses his lips.

-"Uhmmm Firefighter Sam thought that ... uhm minus 1 person will be on the team."- Noris saves the situation.