Chapter 33: A Normal Day

A shrill ding awakens me from my sleep. I blindly search for my phone in the darkness of my room. Upon finding it, the brightness blinds me momentarily. After blinking away the tiredness from my eyes, I read the text that had woken me up.

Candycane: Do you want to hang out today? Everyone in the class wants to have some fun while the summer lasts.

I chuckle at the thought.

Broccoli boy: Sure! When?

Candycane: How about 12? We could meet up at an arcade?

Broccoli boy: K 12 is good. I'll let everyone else know.

Candycane: I already did.

Broccoli boy: Perfect! I'll c u at 12 then!

Turning off my phone, I drag myself out of bed and stretch.

A few days have passed since the kidnapping incident. I explained to Aizawa about my alter and the multiple powers I have. To my relief, he accepted my reasons and swore himself to secrecy (of course Hound Dog would be told as he is my counselor now).

Speaking of alters, for some reason I've noticed that Akuma has been quiet. This may not seem like a big deal, but he talks constantly in my head. He usually makes comments about people, or my actions, or anything really. Yet for some reason or another, he hasn't spoken a word since my battle with AFO. A part of me is worried about it, but a much larger part doesn't care. After all, I might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

Mine and Dabi's plan has progressed very well. We haven't shared the details with Shoto yet since I want to surprise him. After everything that's happened so far I feel he deserves some happiness in his life.

As I get ready for the day, I mull over these thoughts.

**Time Skip**

"Hey, guys!" I call, waving to my friends as they turn to greet me.

The entirety of class 1-A stands outside the arcade. All of them wear smiles on their face in excitement for the games to come.

"Deku-Kun!" Ochaco greets happily.

We all head inside the giant gaming center.

**Time Skip**

Sometime later, I see my classmates running around trying to get the most amount of tickets possible. Bakugo had decided to make it a competition on who would get the most tickets.

He wanted to prove he was better than everyone else (typical Katsuki behavior). Still, his idea just made things even more enjoyable.

Soon enough, we find ourselves comparing our bundles of tickets to see who is superior.

"How did you do that?!" The class exclaims as they see the rolls that Shoto holds.

He merely shrugs, a small smile etched on his face. Needless to say, Kacchan lost by a huge amount and Sho is the winner.

"No really, how'd you get that much?" I ask as we walk to the train station with our prizes.

"No idea, this was my first time at an arcade." He says with a forlorn look.

I frown eternally, my hatred of Ende-whore growing.

"Beginner's luck then," I say with a mock pout.

He chuckles a bit, "Maybe. How many did you get?"

I look away as I mumble.

His smile growing, he asks, "How many?"

"Fifty..."

Shoto looks at me, then his laughter grows until he's dubbing over with the force of it.

My cheeks turn red with embarrassment.

"Stop it!" I exclaim, trying to ignore the looks people are giving us.

Finally recovering, he says, "I just find it funny."

I scowl, "That I have fifty tickets?!"

He smiles, "You're extremely powerful, no one can deny that, and yet you can't win a simple competition."

I cross my arms and fake an annoyed look, "It's just 'cause I wanted someone else to win."

Shoto laughs once more, "Sure,"

"Shut up," I say, smiling despite myself.

He grins back.