Chapter 14: Set in Motion

For the next few days, I work tirelessly to find Dabi's location. After about a week of no sleep, I finally found a lead. Immediately after, I go towards his hideout. If I waste any time Grian might get to him first.

I get there pretty quickly, thanks to one of my many quirks. Since Touya isn't well-known yet and the police aren't looking for him, he was able to get an apartment in a shadier side of Kansai city. I look at the paper in my hand that has his address, debating on whether I should sneak up on him or knock. I decide to go with the friendlier option.

I walk up several flights of stairs, that look like they could fall apart at any minute, and find myself in front of his door. I knock on it without hesitation. For a few seconds, nothing happens, then I hear shuffling and the door opens revealing a black-haired man.

"Who-" he begins to say, but I cut him off.

"My name is not important right now, what's more, important is what I want to talk to you about."

He raises an eyebrow, "What exactly do you want?"

"To talk," I reply.

"If you're not going to answer my question-"

Once more I cut him off, "Your name is Touya Todoroki, Dabi is an alias. Does that make you want to talk to me now?"

"How do you know that?!"

"I'll explain everything, once we're inside." I motion to his apartment.

He sighs but lets me in. I feel him watching my every move to see if I'm a threat. His apartment is pretty much bare of decor and furniture. The only things in the room are a blue couch, that looks like it's a day away from breaking, a wooden chair, and pictures of Endeavor that cover every inch of wall space. Not all of the pictures are whole, most are burnt or have knives stuck to them.

"Nice decor." I can't help but say.

He glares at me and gestures to me to sit. I follow his orders and sit on the couch. He sits in the chair facing me.

"Well, explain." He demands.

"I can't tell you how I got this information but I can tell you that I know what that flaming trash did to you and your family. I want to help and I am hoping that you can join my cause.

"Why would you care?" He asks genuinely confused.

I sigh, not sure how to explain. In the past, Touya and I were extremely close. You can't go through torture together and not become brothers, in a way. Not just that, but I was also very close to Shoto. Both of them told me their stories and the things they had gone through. But I can't exactly tell him all of this. My Dabi and this one are different. He doesn't even know me yet and he certainly doesn't trust me.

"I care because I understand. Maybe not completely but well enough." I say.

He looks at me for a long moment, trying to discern whether I'm trustworthy or not.

"Ok I get that you care and all but first off, I'm a villain and secondly, Ende-whore is the no. 2 Hero. How exactly can you go against him?"

"I have a plan. Gathering evidence is the easiest part but the most crucial piece is getting you and your family's testimony. Without that my plan won't work."

"If I agree, what are your terms?"

"Besides being able to help someone, I don't want you to do any more villain work."

"Since you know about my father, surely you know why I became a villain."

I nod, "it was to kill your father."

"So why should I agree to your plan if I'm going to kill him anyways?"

I knew he was going to ask this, "Because your brother needs you, not some villain. That and if he dies sure you might torture him a bit, but ultimately he'll just be dead. If we use my plan, he will have to suffer for as long as he lives. Not only will his credibility be in shambles, but he will go down in history as the hero's biggest disgrace. The legacy he tried so hard to build will be destroyed before his eyes."

I grin and sit back on the couch, "Now doesn't that sound better than just killing him?"

His expression lights up in glee at my prospect and an evil smile grows on Touya's face, "I only have two questions."

"Go ahead."

"First, what do I call you?"

I frown, thinking. With everything going on, I hadn't stopped to think about this. What should he call me? My real name is out, at least for now. My hero name won't work either. I guess this is a perfect time to come up with a vigilante name.

"Call me Phantom for now."

He nods in understanding, "Second," He leans forward eagerly, "What do we have to do?"

I match his expression, not that he can see it behind my mask.

"Alright here's what we're going to do..."