Chapter 22: Hot Springs

Hey guys,

So how are you all today? I hope you're well.

Todays chapter has a confusing part when dealing with Izuku's scars, so if you have any questions don't hesitate to PM or comment it.  

On that note, I would love to hear what you guys have to say about the story. As much as love votes and things (and I do love them) I would appreciate being able to listen your thoughts.

Anyway, enough of that, I hope you enjoy the chapter!

-N0vu5

I jump from tree to tree, avoiding the enemies below. A large explosion sounds from behind me.

'That must be the rest of the class.'

In no time I find myself at the camp. The wild, wild, pussycats greet me at the opening.

"Interesting, I thought you took less time than I thought," Pixie-Bob says, her eyes sparkling with interest.

I smile, "Yes, well, it wasn't that hard. You must be Kota."

The boy scowls and turns away.

"Now, now, Kota. Don't be rude, why don't you greet him?" Mandalay says gently.

Kouta glares at me, "I don't intend to hang out with hero wannabes."

He walks away after his declaration. I sigh and shake my head slightly.

"Sorry about that, he's a bit...shy." Mandalay sheepishly apologizes.

I shrug, "it's fine."

Since I'm here early, I take the chance to exorcise a bit. Although I'm used to this body now, I still need to work on my quirk control and stamina.

"I'm going on a run," I tell the heroes.

Aizawa nods and lets me go.

**Time Skip**

I wrap the towel around my waist, looking at myself in the mirror of the changing room.

My body is riddled with scars. Burns and slashes cover, almost, every inch of my skin. My fingers trace over a particular mark on my shoulder.

Although this is my 15-year old body, the scars I got from the future are still there. I don't really know why I still have my scares, but there are lots of things I don't know when it comes to how I got here.

I pull myself from my thoughts. There's no point in overthinking things. Tearing my gaze away from the mirror, I open the door. Leaving the changing rooms and heading to the hot springs where everyone else is.

I watch silently as the rest of my friends laugh and chat with each other. A smile finds its way on my face from the familiar scene.

Everyone turns to greet me.

"Monsieur Midoriya come-" Aoyama pauses to take in my mangled skin.

My classmates inhale sharply.

I give them a small grin and slip in the water.

"W-what the fuck happened to you Deku?" Kacchan breaks the uncomfortable silence.

I lean on the edge of the pool.

"Lots of things." He shoots me a glare.

"That's not what he meant and you know it," Hitoshi speaks, surprising me.

I sigh, hesitating. I don't mind telling them stories but I'm not used to it. I've never shared with anyone what I've been through. Some of these scares are from villain fights, most though are from the time I was captured by my father. Even after I escaped, I never spoke about the torture. There were too many things happening that were more important.

"I know," I reply.

"Can...I mean, would you mind if..." Kaminari begins nervously.

"I don't mind," I know what he's trying to say, "Which one?"

Denki points to my arm, "The one on your shoulder."

Realizing what Kaminari is asking, Iida interjects, "You don't have to."

The others murmur in agreement.

I smile at their care for my well-being, "I don't mind, besides, aren't you all curious?"

They fall silent again but Iida nods.

I reach up and brush my fingers across the burn, "AFO...er...All for One, kidnapped me from my apartment a year, or so, after graduation."

"What!" Sero exclaims.

"Are you-" Ojiro cuts himself off, giving me a guilty look.

"I can't say I'm fine, but I'm alive." I shrug and continue, "Anyway, he took me captive and after a bit, he decided to... 'claim' me."

"You don't mean..." Todoroki speaks, his voice full of horror.

I turn slightly so that they can see the brand on my shoulder. It reads,

Property of:

All for One

"Midoriya..." Tokoyami trails off, clearly unsure of what to say.

"How did you escape?" Shoji asks.

I clench my fists as memories flash in my mind, "I pretty much fought my way out."

"Damn," Sato whispers.

"That's pretty manly!" Kirishima exclaims with a grin, trying to ease the tension.

I smile back, "Why don't we talk about something else."

And so the subject changes to a much happier one.