ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ

"Uraraka! Tsuyu!" Izuki exclaimed as he saw the two girls with another they didn't recognise. She was stood over Ochaco, but as the group arrived, she disappeared.

"Are you guys ok?" Shoji asked, moving over to the two of them, Izuku still on his back and Shoto at his side.
Uraraka turned to Izuku, but her breathing halted as she looked over her battered friend on her taller classmate's back.

"D-Deku... what are you doing out here with those injuries?" she asked.

"We're moving Bakugo back to the cabin so we'll be with the adults" Izuku explained, simplifying the mess they had been through.
Uraraka looked around them in the clearing and then behind Izuku and Shoji.

"But if you're moving Bakugo, shouldn't he be with you?" she asked, raising her eyebrows.

"What do you mean, he's right the-"

"Midoriya" Shoto said, facing the opposite direction of his classmates. Shoji turned around too, only to be met by the emptiness behind them where Tokoyami, Y/n and Bakugo were supposed to be.
Shoto curled his hands in to fists, his nails digging in the skin of his palm as his shoulders shook lightly.

She was just there...

"Where the hell are they?" Shoto hissed, his teeth clenched together.

I was so stupid to let her walk behind, I should be protecting her, I want to protect her and make sure she is safe... Where is she?

"I'm surprised it took you so long to notice" a voice said from behind the five students. All their heads whipped around, following the sound and coming face to face with a masked individual. He stood behind them proudly, flaunting his tall figure.

Izuku narrowed his eyes at the man, immediately categorising him as a villain.

"You know" the masked man said "your friends would cast way better as villains than heroes". He adjusted his coat, making sure it stood perfectly with him, an amused expression forming behind his mask as he watched the students tense up. The fact that he had the power to make them feel this way felt rather entertaining to him.

"Give them back" Izuku hissed as Shoto took a step forward.

"No I don't think I will, precious Bakugo and L/n are ours to keep" the man said, igniting a new level of anger in Shoto, who activated his quirk and tried attacking the villain with his ice.
Mr. Compress avoided the attack before activating a communication device with the rest of the villains.

"I have young Bakugo and dear L/n" he said, receiving a series of replies.
He turned back to the teens behind him and waved.
"It was lovely meeting you" he said and sped off in to the air.

"WE HAVE TO FOLLOW HIM" Izuku shouted, pointing at the disappearing figure in the sky.

"We will, but first let me immobilize your arms Deku" Ochaco said, not letting the boy move any further with at least some kind of support.
Shoto sat on the ground as Ochaco worked on Izuku. He curled his legs to his chest and rested his head on his knees.
"We'll get her back..." Izuku said, eyeing the bi-coloured male. Shoto kept quiet for a few seconds, before slowly raising his face and looking over at his classmates.

Something is not right...

"Why do you think they were targeting Y/n?" he asked, the small amount of information he had not adding up.

"We don't know they were targeting her" Ochaco said as she finished off Izuku's arms.

"He mentioned Bakugo and her as if he knew who they were and we knew Bakugo was a target. Also he didn't say anything about Tokoyami as he probably didn't know his name" Shoto explained his reasoning.
Izuku climbed back on Shoji and his eyes narrowed, his determined gaze following the floating coat and mask in the sky.