Chapter 23 - A Certain Uncontrolable Rage

A suit chase is throwing at the three. A brief case of yen hits the ground. As he began to walk away holding up Li Mei's body. Kenichi clenched his fist, grabbing his Counter 7, weapon.

Kenichi grip his teeth and rage, "TARDY was supposed be a place where level 0's were gonna be heroes and then you corrupt us!"

"Heroes?" Kaneshiro rose one eyebrow and looked back at Kenichi. "Don't make me laugh, what kinda heroes work to get paid?" Kenichi was shut surprise he had no combat comment to say back to the man. "You lost your way the moment you thought attacking espers was okay. Have you ever thought what your merchant was doing with the victims? Because who knows is your point of view. But of course why bother children like you can never see the bigger picture."

"Your merchant?" Kenichi reply as his thoughts were finally answered. "Well it's my job to bring the merchant to target not you! And besides it finally makes sense someone was pulling the strings here and it was you!"

Kenichi rose up his weapon but to his surprise Kaneshiro toss Li Mei into Kenichi arms forcing him to drop his weapon holding her in his arms. "Then so be it, send her at the destination location and be done with it. Trash like you all should know your place."

"You son of a bitch! You know our motivates but still call us trash! Those kids are sick, injured and don't have time to grow up! And this city don't give rats ass about them!"

"And are they really worth it! One who trades a human for another? They must be trash just like you all!"

"What?"

"Look at the girl you're holding now. She's merely the age of a middle schooler, she sleep, go to school, make friends, develop a crush, have you even thought about the pathetic grownups that can't sleep at night because the man was irresponsible and couldn't protect their children?"

Kenichi look over at Yosuke passing him Li Mei's body. "Don't even let Mara-san look at that girl!"

"What?!" Mara said offended. "What right do you have to-"

"Shut the hell up!" Kenichi shouts. "I have nothing to say to you! Just listen to the effing hell I'm telling you! Where getting outta this shit! Take the money and do the damn job. Find and save Tsurigane-san! That's it. I have to protect you too." Kenichi said making up an excuse to rise his fist at Kaneshiro who chuckle. "And you! You defend this girl in pity like a damn saint and talk shit because we target her when you have her effing blood on your hands!" Kenichi said pointing at Kaneshiro's bloody hands made from Li Mei's blood alone. "I'm going to kick your ass!!"

"Marvelous, but what about your weapon?"

"You're a man aren't you? Surely you're not afraid of a drop out. No weapons! I'm going to kick your effing ass old man!"

"Hmph, arrogant but manly, it's childish to go down your level but you wasn't properly raise as a man and had to develop your own original manhood I was like you once. So I'll abide the pain and guide you with only one lesson. No weapons and no world eater just a fist fight."

"Hyaaaaa!!!!" Kenichi ran up with brute force. "This is ridiculous! I'm not some saint, or some legendary ninja, I'm just some broke level 0 who live in the streets all my life. I took part in skill-out activities and had my share of violence, all of these crimes  were no different than what I already usually do!" Kenichi got in close range to deal assault attacks, Kaneshiro swift a left hook punch to Kenichi's temple but Kenichi evades by ducking and punching Kaneshiro's stomach. Kenichi continues rising up kneeing Kaneshiro's gut and places his hands together to smacking Kaneshiro down.