Chapter 26 ⅔ - A Certain Parallel Blockade

With swift aerobics Jeong-Min lands perfectly into the tunnels of the sanitary sewers.

"Guop!" Jeong-Min cried covering her nose. "Even for an advanced city like Academy City, an underground smelly sewage is still a smelly sewage."

Echos of stepping noise ring through the metallic surface. Jeong-Min stop herself from following her instant. A tricky situation within the tunnels of the ungrounded wasteland.

"The tunnels sewage have been modified into an electronic network power line system with district 21, and district 22. There was no coincidence, district 21 primary use is for water storage, and in astronomical observation facilities. While the underground tunnels operated all over academy city, district 21, and 22 are the only relevant areas underneath Academy City sewers. Anywhere besides district 21, and 22 is no different than a blockade maze. Let me guess this is where the scumbag rats, TARDY ran when things became problematic. You probably memorize the entire passage. If I make one wrong turn, you'll win. However..." Jeong-Min said, pacing her steps before her sprint.

Mara's eyes widened as she heard Jeong-Min's voice becoming more clear. "This would have work on anyone, but I have my own abilities. I hate to brag but I have every maxed out human sense; twenty/twenty vision, twenty thousand Hz, very perceptive touch sense of all layers, taste buds that label me a super-tasters, and of course hyperosmia, hell my sensei says my sense of smell is on the level of a bear, but he possibly could just be overreacting. I know your smell, I can hear your annoying voice from just about anywhere." Jeong-Min's shadow closes in on Mara. Mara tense up, fast pacing within the sewers.

"She can't be serious?!" Mara mumbled to herself, only for Jeong-Min's footsteps close in on her. Pressure from the incoming approach, Jeong-Min's confidents, broke Mara's. The irony only made Mara laugh maniacally. "So be it!" Mara said to herself. Mara flick a arcade coin from her pocket, making noise seemly approach another direction as she ran the other.

"She's right! I do know this place inside out, but that doesn't change anything, I'll make noise come from just about anywhere! Good luck finding me, meanwhile if I go a predictable route, Jeong-Min will over think things, and wouldn't actually bother running and checking district 21, and 22 borders."

Mara ran into the main base of the sewers, where a incoming shuriken spear across her cheek. "Agh! Ahh!!" Mara growl, holding her cheek as blood leak through her hand. Mara glimpse at the bloody stain, shuriken that stuck the wall behind her. "Agh Ouch!! Aghh! Really?! What is wrong with you?!" Mara shouts and cry in pain. She turn and growl at a taunting Jeong-Min who sat on aluminum stairs.

"What's wrong with me? Are you really asking me that?" Jeong-Min sarcastically ask. "You're the one in need for an intervention. You should be apologizing right about now, after all the bullshit you put us through, you got me here waiting for you in a sewerage! What a bitch."

"Waiting?!" Mara repeated.

"That's right! Took you, long enough, I was here between district 21 and 22 this whole time. Regardless of my said abilities, that really wasn't enough to actually catch you. So if I couldn't catch you, why not bring you to me?" Jeong-Min cross her legs and gesture her fingers, counting all the possible outcomes.

"But the sounds? Your shadow?"

"Aye yeah, I spread a shadow projection with a portable light cloak, through many paths, that was just to pressure you of course. Oh and the noise, Well..." Jeong-Min sighs as she pulled out a traveling size of hand sanitizer. "I attach my Daihaseisai track shoes to a pair of sewerage rats. As you can see I'm wearing sandals." Mara pounder Jeong-Min's odd slim revealing purple kunoichi outfit. "Oh! Yeah, that! Yeah I'm a ninja." Jeong-Min carelessly add.