LIII

Chapter fifty three

•Morgan•

Today's the day. The day I've been dreading for the past three months, since I was given this dreadful mission.

I barely slept last night. Maybe, three hours, maximum. My mind was too busy thinking about today.

I lay opposite Romeo, admiring his features. "Are you staring at me?" He mumbles, a small smile appearing on his face.

"No", I retort, wrapping my arms around his neck as his arms go around my waist. "Maybe".

He chuckles at me, opening his eyes. "Morning".

"Morning", I try my best to smile at him, but it doesn't really work out. Luckily, he doesn't notice and leans in to peck my lips.

"How are you feeling?"

"Better", he smiles at that.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah", I nod.

"That's good", he mumbles, resting his head in the crook of my neck, feathering kisses up my neck until he reaches my lips. "I love you".

"I love you", I tell him.

"I'm not going to work today", he pauses, playing with my hair. "When are you going back to work?"

"I actually resigned".

"How come?"

"I took so many days off so I just quit before they could fire me", I chuckle, running my hands through his hair.

We fall silent and his eyes trail down to my stomach. "How long until you start showing?"

"12 to 16 weeks", I tell him. He looks up at me with a boyish grin on his face. "What?"

"We're having a baby", he whispers.

I nod, matching his tone. "Yeah", he pecks my lips before pushing himself up off the bed.

"I'm gonna go make breakfast, but then I'm going to go see Max. You wanna come?" He asks from the door.

"No, thanks. I think I'm going to go see Hayley again today".

"Okay, babe. Anything you want me to make in particular?"

"Chicken and noodles", I blurt, saying the first thing that comes to mind. "And hot sauce".

He chuckles at me. "Chicken, noodles and hot sauce? Okay, I'll see what I can do", and with that, he turns to make his way downstairs.

I take a quick shower, get dressed, brush my teeth and hair, and then walk down to the kitchen to see Romeo putting the food on the dishes. He places a bowl of noodles in front of me, along with a plate of chicken nuggets and a bottle of sriracha beside it. "Thank you", I groan as take a bite.