XVIII

Chapter eighteen

•Morgan•

Yesterday, Parker and I went to watch the movie with the others, agreeing that we'd keep what had just happened between us two.

Josh came back, but he said he was really tired, so he went straight to sleep.

Once everyone left, Parker and I decided to bake some cookies after we ate dinner, to take our mind off of things. Afterwards, we watched some TV for a while until we both went up to our rooms to sleep.

In a way, Parker reminds me of myself however, he also reminds me of Gabe, which—I think—is why I like spending time with him. I miss my family a lot however, I know I have to do this, despite not wanting to.

I wouldn't admit it but, I'm scared. I've already gone and got attached to everyone here, and I'm afraid that I might start to like Romeo. But that's not just it, I'm dreading the day that I'm going to have to actually kill him.

I've never killed anyone before.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts by my phone ringing. I place my bowl of cereal next to me, on the couch, and take it out of my pocket. "Hey".

"Hey, yeah um—can I come over?" Hayley asks.

"Yeah of course, what's wrong?"

"I'm freaking out. I'm already on my way, by the way. I'll be there in, like, two minutes", she hangs up on me.

And she was right. I hear a car pull up, no longer than two minutes later. I hear her car door slam shut, followed by a knock on the door. "Hey", I say as I open it however, she's already walked past me and is pacing the living room. "Okay, what's going on?" I take a seat on the couch.

"I'm feeling things. I don't know what, I don't know      why—", she stops.

"Ohh", I drawl. "Do you have a", I pause for dramatic affect. "Crush?"

"What? No. Maybe? I don't know", she flails her arms in the air, falling into place next to me.

"Who is it?" I say in her ear, despite having some sort of clue of who it may be.

"I don't wanna tell you", she mumbles.

"Why?" I whine.

"Because".

"Not a valid reason", she ignores me. "Come on, I'm your best friend", she ignores me again. "Can't you just give me clues?"

"Fine", she stops to think. "You know him".

"Is that it? That's all you're giving me?" She nods. "Please?" I pout, sticking my bottom lip out.

"Alright fine. He's younger than me", she closes her eyes, leaning her head back.