CHAPTER-8

The next day, both Lily's parents went to drop Lily in the Airport.

Even though they had duties, they'll be not seeing her for a long time, so they came.

It was dreadful, leaving her family, friends everyone here.

"Stay strong Lily" her dad said. "Everything will be fine"

"I hope so" she told

And hugged both of them.

"Reach there and call us" her mom called out fighting back tears.

And she got inside, and there was a see-through glass separating them, and they waved byes.

"Maybe we were so busy we didn't take care of her properly when she was with us" Lily's mom told, after Lily went inside.

"Don't be silly we work day and night for our family, and our daughter is strong, and if there is a problem she'll come to us first" he assured her.

And he wrapped his hands around her trying best not to cry himself.

_______________________________________

Lily was going to London,

She thought of all the memories she had with Rahul.

She wrote in her dairy, while sitting in the the boarding area

In Lily's dairy,

He was the one who made me laugh, He was the one who made me cry,
Life isn't fair.

It's not because I love him, yes I said it I love him, I realised it yesterday I realised it, when he proposed to her before everyone.

Life's unfair because even though I realised my love, still I have to leave.

Who told love was easy and full of  joy, it is full of pain and sorrow.

Yesterday when Bhavana asked me whether I'm happy. I realised, I lost it long back. The day I saw him with Pooja.

Maybe I have those feelings inside me for a long time, like she told, and it took me these many days to realise it.

Seeing him with Pooja made me loose my mind, but what can I tell him, as his good friend I should be happy if he's happy with her but I'm not, am I a good friend?

There were times we wished we went to the same University, but now it's breaking my heart that I'm not even telling him that I'm leaving this place and will never meet him again.

I tried telling him that I'm leaving many times, but these last few days but I didn't get to.

My dad advised me to divert my mind and change my place so that it can  change me.

I don't know whether it is going to help or not, but I'm atleast happy that, you are not left alone and you have Pooja.

She closed her dairy, at the sound of her flight number being called.

She went to the boarding area, got checked and got into the plane.

The flight started, sitting in her seat, she tried to sleep gulping back tears.

_______________________________________

She dreamed of her summer holidays which she used spend with Rahul

"No I'm not playing" Lily said

"You are"

"Why me"

"Because your stuck with me" Rahul told laughing.

She gave a graveful glare at him, and took the Joystick from his hand.

"So I'll bat and you are going to bowl"he said

"Why do you never give me to bat"

"Because you get bowled in the first ball"

"No I don't" Lily debated back

"Yes you do"

"Then teach me" Lily said

So he went behind her, and held her hands with the Joystick from her back, their fingers aligned together and he teached her how to play by pressing her fingers on the buttons.

He went on teaching her, but she didn't listen and looked at his eyes and get mesmerized in them.

It started there, that was her favourite memory of all with Rahul. The closest they have ever been with eachother.

"So this is the button you should press okay, this is how you do it"

"Ah... Ah okay"

"Now I'm giving you batting, do well"

And as usual she got bowled

"I told you to press this button, did you listen to me?"

"Yes... Yes.. I did, now I'll bowl then"

"This is why I never give you batting" he told her.

She love to ask him everytime to teach her how to bat, not to learn but to get lost in his eyes again and again.

_______________________________________

She woke up from her dream, I should've realised it long back, that I love being so close to him but now I've to forget it, she thought.

And she looked out to see her destination place has arrived.

My new life starts from here.

......................................................................

Will this new place change Lily?

The first part of the story is finished
The story will follow a leap to the present, from the next chapters.

Thank you for reading,
If you liked this chapter,
Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts
Cheers!🌹