CHAPTER-3

The next day,

Lily really didn't feel like going to school, she felt sick her head felt like someone banged it and her stomach felt tight, so she took sick leave and stayed home.

She locked herself in her room not wanting to come out and see anyone, it really felt like doomsday, thinking of Rahul and what would he be doing now.

Will he even care that she's absent or forget about her because of his new friend. All these thoughts were clouding her head.

Both of her parent's were doctors, they used to go early in the morning and come home late, so most of the time, it's Lily alone in the house, or she and Rahul if she invites him.

"Life is so sick, everything's so sick" Lily started cursing herself. Everything was perfect why did life turn rollercoaster all of a sudden?

She did this 'cursing herself and life' for sometime, and then again fell asleep. And dreamed.
_______________________________________

In Lily's Dream

Everything is perfect here, it's Rahul's birthday today and she gave him, as always she did, his favourite chocolate chip cake baked by her.

He cuts the cake, and tells you are the best gift I have ever got in my life and kisses her in cheek.

Lily really want the dream to last but it didnt, and she woke up.

_______________________________________

She got up and checked whether it is really his birthday today. But it isn't, there is still 5 days to go for 18th April.

And then she checked the time,

WHAT?

It's 6:00 pm, she has slept for 8 hours.

"Should I even eat?" She asked herself

"Yes", a voice answered. It's him. Am I still in the dream or what, she thought.

Shrinking her eyes, she saw, there he was,

"Why are you here?"

"What kind of a question is that?"

"How long were you here"

"Just now school got over, for past 5 minutes or so"

"Oh"

"That's it"

"What? What do you want me to tell?"

"You didn't come to school, what happened?"

"Just little sick"

"Are you okay? I will bring you some food"

"Nope it's fine"

"Come on you have not eaten anything, you look tiresome"

"No it's okay"

"I'm bringing you something, now lie down here"

And with that he went downstairs.

Why is he even here? Did he forget his new friend? Like he really care? I don't know I'm really angry at him, but he didn't do anything, she thought.

There was one time when Rahul injured him very badly playing for his school cricket team.

_______________________________________

During 10th standard

It was during their start of 10th standard, that he injured his right hand and was not able to do any work.

He felt like not studying anymore, when Lily came to his house everyday and wrote all of his record work, and classwork.

After recovering, Rahul use to joke telling "If that doctor had not told my parents that my hand had recovered, you would be writing my 10th exams"

For which Lily used to laugh.

Till that they were just friends, but after this, they grew so close, and became best friends.

_______________________________________

Thinking of this, she thought it would be much better if she stay sick always, atleast that's only when he cares for her.

"Here's rice porridge"

Rahul ccame in with a bowl and spoon.

"You don't have to do this"

"It's not even close to what you've done for me"

She started eating the porridge, and soon finished it and took the medicines which Rahul gave.

"This will make you little sedative"

"Thanks Rahul, you can return home it will be late, it's already 11:00 pm"

"You really want me to go? Or you want me to stay here with you all night" he winked at her

"You know what I really want?"

"What?"

"To be sick like this always"

"Why so that you can my cooked food? I know my cooking is not that bad" Rahul Chuckled

Not even close, Lily thought

"Okay I feel  like sleeping now you go and have something and take good sleep"

With that he left waving a bye at her.

She turned in her bed and started to cry, she really didn't want to cry before him.

Did she really want him to go? No.

But what can she do. Yeah it always felt good when he is around, but she also knows to not be have hopeless expectations, and hurt herself more, with being confused to figure out what is happening to her she slept.

......................................................................

Thank you for reading
Hope you enjoyed it
This is my first story,
so there maybe some mistakes
Feel free to vote and comment
Cheers! 🌹