Thirty Eight Days

Harry was sitting on the couch in the living room ignoring the contimuous chattering about the wedding. He achieved this by plugging his ear phones in and listening to his music at high volume. Who cared about his hearing, his ears were going to be fucked up when he was older from the screaming fans anyway.

He felt a tap on his shoulder.

"Oi should I have it outside or inside? I prefer outside but what do you think?" Louis asked as he paced around the room. Louis had been deciding for a venue with his mum and some wedding planner.

"You still haven't got your options yet?" Harry sighed pulling his ear phones off as he gave Louis a bored look.

"No."

Harry rolled his eyes Louis. It had already been a good few hours and yet he didn't even have his options to choose from.

"I'll just wait till El comes. It'll be easier to decide," Louis decided before flopping down on the couch beside him. Harry felt the bounce of the couch and he looked over at the older boy.

Louis smiled at Harry and Harry just stared at him. The curly haired boy frowned like he w looking for something or Louis's face. Or maybe it was just an excuse for looking at him. It was just the way Louis smiled, it was perfect. Maybe it was just one of those moments when you just wanted to stare at someone for no reason really.

"What?" Louis laughed as they kept staring at each other.

"I think outside," Harry said changing the subject and looking away. Churches were so typical and Harry would think Louis would want to be different. Louis nodded accepting Harry opinion. At that point, Harry figured there wasn't really that much to talk about and Eleanor was going to come soon and he didn't want to be there anyway.

"I'm gonna go to my room, holler if you need me," he excused himself before walking to his room. Harry actually sort of hoped Louis wouldn't call him down. Harry remembered conferencing with them about where to have the engagement party before and he had felt left out. He just sat there while everyone planned and laughed together, Louis and his mum tried to join him in sometimes but it just felt awkward and weird. They tried and Harry tried to join in but eventually it became tiring and so Harry just decided to watch from the side lines. Especially with Eleanor's mum. Harry guessed they were just puzzle pieces that obviously didn't fit together.

Harry grabbed his little squishy basketball, laid down his bed and chucked it up and then caught it. Harry thought about it all. He was the best man which meant he had to say something at the engagement party in front of all the guests.

He tossed the ball up in the air and caught it perfectly.

He didn't really know what do say. Harry wasn't really good at speaking in front of people especially if it was something formal like an engagement party.

The ball hit him on the chest.

Honestly, if Harry had more of a choice, he would be like Zayn and not say much in interviews. Harry knew this speech didn't have to be long but everyone was going to be there so he really didn't want to mess it up.

Harry tried throwing the ball higher. It hit the roof and landed right beside his left ear on the bed.

He was planning on writing stuff down that he might say but he had given up on that. Harry figured in the end he was just going to wing it, what was the worst that could happen?

Harry threw the ball at the ceiling as hard as he could and instead of landing on the bed, it hit the floor. He groaned and hung half off the bed trying to find it. He felt his curls flop down as he went upside down.