Two Days

Harry had been all up for doing something at the wedding rehearsal even thought he secretly didn’t want to admit it. He had been sitting on the fence about it at first but spending more time with Monique had made him want to do it more. Now it was all he could think about and he couldn’t help but make up a million scenarios in his head about how it would turn out.

He was lying in bed and scrolling through his twitter feed when he received a call from his mum. Harry hadn’t talked to his mother in a while and he didn’t know if she’d been updated on everything or not. His mother hinted at Harry to tell her everything until the small talk finally broke. She listened as he babbled on and on about Louis and she didn’t say a word. When Harry started joking about maybe doing something at the wedding rehearsal his mother cut straight in. She told him straight up not to do anything stupid and it sort of caught Harry off guard.

Harry had spent the past day making up possible plans and seriously thinking about doing it. Now that his mother had told him straight to not even think about it, he didn’t know what to think or do.

“This is the only chance I have left,” he mumbled pathetically.

“Other opportunities will come,” his mother had said in a soothing tone.

Harry didn’t know what to do except flop back onto his bed and let out a huff. He didn’t have the energy to argue. Thankfully the topic didn’t come back up again and he went to bed feeling miserable and hopeless because now he was back to square one.

Again but it didn’t seem like much of surprise to him.

~~~~~~~~~

The truth was Harry’s mum had always suspected something. She’d even talked to Louis’s mum about it. They’d gone out for coffee’s and joked around about the idea of their sons dating. It wasn’t a big surprise to Anne that their feelings had finally developed; both she and Jay knew that it was going to happen one day. They’d both agreed to stay out of it and watch fate do its magic but now she was regretting making that deal. If she and Jay had stepped in and done something then her son wouldn’t be plotting to ruin a wedding. And then maybe their feelings for each other wouldn’t have developed when Louis’s was going to get married. Anne had always thought that eventually Louis and Eleanor would break up and never get back together, then both boys would stay single or date around until they eventually realised they had feelings for each other. She hadn’t expected the two boys to realise their true feelings in the next year or even five but she knew that one day the two would end up together.

Anne had been especially surprised when she had found out that Louis and Eleanor were getting married. She had lived for a long time and her instincts had told her that the couple weren’t going to last very long or ever consider getting engaged.

She had been hoping for a more pleasant way that his son would fall in love with Louis. She found it so dramatic that Louis’s wedding was the trigger for their feelings for each other to develop.

While she had been on the phone with Harry she had a small urge to go along with Harry’s plan but it wasn’t the right thing to do. A part of her was even hoping that Harry would go behind her back and do something at the rehearsal.

All she could predict now was that maybe a long time in the future this marriage would end and maybe the two boys would be able to be together. Getting through this marriage was going to be hard for everyone and she couldn’t bare to stand how confused Louis and Harry were right now.

~~~~~~~~~~

Harry wavered around the front of the cathedral on his own. He was supposed to meet Niall at the front five minutes ago but the Irish boy was no where in sight. Harry felt intimidated by the look and size of this place and it was making him even more nervous every extra second he had to stand there waiting for Niall.