Nineteen Days

The food was running out in the apartment. The only things left were brands of crackers and beans that Harry didn't particularly like. They were the things that Louis liked to eat. Harry came up with the idea of dragging Niall along to go shopping with him, but that would end up as Niall buying the food that he liked to eat himself, not food that Harry liked to eat.

After a long morning of procrastinating, Harry finally pulled on a jacket and made his way to go to the supermarket. He had his ear phones in and his music up loud. He wandered his way down aisles, whistling and mouthing along to the lyrics. Surprisingly there weren't a lot of people in the super market, usually it was pretty rushed.

Harry heard a muffled voice from behind but ignored it thinking it was just some couple walking past but then he felt a tap on his shoulder. He automatically pulled one earphone out and turned around to see who it was.

To be honest, he hadn't expected to see Monique. Even though he wasn't in a conversation mood today, he quickly pulled out his other earphone and stopped his music.

"How's it going?" She asked brightly giving Harry a pretty smile. He was surprised at the fact that she didn't even seem to have notice how shitty, bad and tired he looked.

"Good. You?" He replied returning a smile. Harry laughed at himself, of course he wasn't feeling good, but it was just light conversation, he wasn't planning on dumping all his fogged up thoughts on her. Especially in the middle of a supermarket.

"Good thanks. Hey I heard about Louis moving out..."

Harry gave a laugh hoping it didn't sound too forced. "Oh yeah, that?"

He didn't know what to expect. Maybe Liam told Niall how out of it he seemed and Niall told Holly who told Monique.

"We'll it must be nice having a place to yourself."

Harry was relieved at the way the conversation turned. Monique was positive enough to say the good side of things.

"It totally is," Harry nodded with a hint of sarcasm.

"Are you coming to the dance practice?"

Harry ran his fingers across the stand of fruit cans and grunted. "I dunno, am I?"

Monique didn't seem to take Harry's rudeness seriously.

She raised an eyebrow and gave him a playing serious look. "Well you should."

"Why should I?"

"Because you need to learn the steps so you don't look like a dork at the wedding," Monique snorted teasingly.

"Well I don't want to go okay?" Harry said firmly. It broke the lightness in the atmosphere which was replaced with something else. The teasing smile disappeared from Monique's face. They both knew where this was going.

She sighed and folded her arms over chest. "This is about Eleanor isn't it."

"No it's not."

Monique flung her head back and laughed. "You think no one notices. Well I've noticed and so have the others."

He just stood there feeling like he was being ambushed. This really wasn't the time for Harry to talk about his feelings. Plus they were in a damn super market for goodness sakes.

"You don't want to go because Louis moved out and he's with Eleanor."

Harry narrowed eyes, "you don't know what you're talking about."

Monique looked around before looking back at Harry and lowering her voice. "Look I heard okay, step up your game man before its too late."

The boy frowned. What had she heard about? There wasn't anything in particular that he could think of right now.