Forty Four Days

Harry sat there like an idiot, while everyone else yelled screamed in joy, laughed and congratulated Eleanor and Louis.

Eleanor had never done anything to Harry. Why did Harry feel like this? There was this unfamiliar boiling feeling inside of him. He didn't hate her, he just didn't like her. Harry did get them dating but not because he liked her, he did it because he thought Louis might like her. But the more she hung around, the more Harry started to dislike her.

Harry's limbs wouldn't move and he didn't have any energy to make himself get up anyway. It felt like someone has suddenly drained all the energy out of him.

Harry looked up at Eleanor and Louis. They looked so happy, he couldn't stand looking at it anymore. He felt sick, like something inside him had just broken. It was so out of the blue and it hurt. Suddenly, everything started to seem to overwhelming. Harry's eyes started watering as the lump in his throat grew.

Deciding to take a breather, Harry left the room and went into the backyard where he just stood there staring at the blue sky. He inhaled the fresh air slowly as it sort of helped restore his energy.

The water in his eyes slowly disappeared and so did the lump in his throat. He put his hands on top of his head and stood there.

"Why aren't you inside?" A voice asked cutting Harry from his thoughts. Harry looked around to see Jay standing there on the deck squinting at the sunlight.

"Oh too much people in there. I just came out to get some air," he replied trying to sound as casual as possible.

What if someone had saw him eyes go teary? Harry wondered nervously.

He guessed he could've just said that they were tears of joy. But that sounded so girly.

"What about you," Harry asked back stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"I just need to digest. My little boy's getting married," there was this distant look of joy in her smile as her eyes twinkled in the sun.

Harry looked down at the grass and kicked at the dirt.

"Are you happy?"

"Of course! She seems like a nice girl and they seem happy. Why wouldn't I be?"

He nodded silently trying to make himself think the same way as her. Trying to make himself feel grateful for them.

But he just couldn't.

His mind wouldn't let him.

"How about you Harry?"

He thought for a second before answering.

"Yeah. I'm okay," he said simply.

Even though Jay didn't say anything, Harry knew she was trying to figure out what he meant.

Honestly, he was trying to figure out what he meant too.

"Good. Louis's got a soft spot for you, don't take it for granted Harry."

Now it was Harry's turn to try figure out what she meant. He squinted at the cloud covering the sun which made the cloud look almost holy.

"Oh, okay," he answered, she looked over at him, her eyes boring into his soul as Harry tried to keep a mutual face.

"Take care," she said before patting his shoulder.

"You too," Harry mumbled to nobody as she had already headed inside.

Harry decided it was rude if he just stayed out there so he followed after Jay.

As they both entered the room, Louis stared at Harry with this faint expression on his face. His lips were formed in a thin line and he was obviously curious about why he left the room. Harry figured it was his que to go congratulate them.

"Congratulations buddy. Why didn't you tell me earlier?" Harry exclaimed teasingly. Louis's face broke into a big smile and he hit Harry on the head playfully. Harry relaxed slightly, seeing Louis smile eased off the tension a little. Harry listened to the details. The group of them raved on about the wedding and all the details but Harry was only half listening.

The whole time, Louis had his arm around Harry shoulder which made it better.

After they ate all the food in sight, they all decided to head back to London.

Were you suppose to feel slightly agitated because your best friend was getting married?

"Are you okay?" Louis asked Harry as they sat silently in the car.

"Hmm? Yeah, I'm alright," he replied quietly.

"You look a little pale," Louis frowned inspecting his mates face looking worried.

"Nah, I'm fine," Harry said waving him off as he started to feel tired.

Everyone was quiet. The boys had all lost their energy at Louis's house.

The car moved silently with its occasional bumpiness. Harry's head hung down as his heavy eye lids fluttered shut. The jolt of the car made him lean into Louis. Harry jerked away and opened his eyes.

"Sorry," he mumbled scratching his head before leaning back on his seat with a sigh.

"No it's okay, just lean on me," Louis reassured him.

But for some reason to Harry, it kind of felt like he had no right to cuddle with Louis anymore. He was getting married. Harry couldn't get that thought out of his head. Soon every time Harry looked at him, it would just remind him of the word 'married.'

"No, hones-"

"Harry, I'm older than you so do as I say," he cut Harry off giving him a stern look.

Harry stared at his blue eyes slowly sinking into them.

"Okay," he gave in weakly.

Harry slowly leaned his head on Louis's shoulder. Louis put his arm around Harry and rested his chin on Harry's head. Harry snuggled more into the crook of his neck. Louis smelt so good. A slight smile crossed Harry face as he felt Louis play with his curls.

At least he got just enjoy this moment.