Thirty Seven Days

M

E

R

R

Y

C

H

R

I

S

T

M

A

S

ENJOY

----------------------- 

The engagement party was today. Louis said Harry needed to go earlier to help set up and of course he said yes. Harry was reluctant because he just couldn't be stuffed but then Louis mentioned that the lads were help setting up to so Harry said yes.

Louis had nagged Harry to wear something classy. Harry was tempted to go in trackies and a hoodie just to be 'different,' but of course Louis wasn't going to shut up until he had it his way. Plus, Harry didn't want him to get mad again before the engagement party even started. Harry stayed in his room trying to get his tie right, then Louis came in saying Harry could go in his trackies and hoodie to set up but he had to change after. Harry stood there glaring at Louis. It had taken Harry ages to make himself look presentable and now Louis had changed his mind. Louis gave him like ten minutes to get changed and he somehow expected Harry to make it in time. Louis would've even taken at least half an hour.

"Wait!" Harry yelled angrily as he stuffed his classy clothes into a backpack, pulled some socks on, grabbed his slippers and headed out. He caught up to Louis and he was just standing there leaning against the wall casually inspecting his nails.

Harry noticed Louis's stubble wasn't there anymore. He'd probably shaved it just before. His hair was slicked back and he looked classy even though he was also in his hoodie and shorts. Harry couldn't even imagine how long he would've spent straining his neck in the mirror and combing his hair over and over again.

"Cheer up Styles," Louis said flicking Harry's chin with his finger. Harry flinched resisting to slap him. A smirk crossed Louis's face and he headed towards his car. The curly haired boy stalked behind him.

Ugh, Harry thought. Did he like to piss him off?

Harry flopped into the backseat of the car. He wasn't in the mood to sit in the passenger seat. He was still worried about the speech. Harry was starting to regret deciding to winging it, but it was already too late now. Louis said they'd meet the boys and Eleanor there instead of picking her up. Harry was glad. He didn't want be the third wheel sitting in the backseat. Either that or he'd be in the front seat as Eleanor and her two best friends giggled in the back. Harry didn't really know much about Eleanor's friends except that their names were Daisy and Monique and to be honest he didn't really know want to know them.

Harry hadn't even realised how much people were coming until he had to set the cups out on the table. The lads hadn't got here yet so he just got started on his own and even Eleanor hadn't arrived yet. The place was so big and he was just there by myself since Louis was going to greet people at the door. If Harry had to set all of that stuff out by myself, it would've taken him at least an hour.

"Um hello?" Harry heard a girl say. He turned around to see a girl with brown hair standing at the fire exit.

"Hi?" he said. His voice echoed in the empty space.

"You're Harry ay?" she asked as she walked closer. Harry noticed the freckles sprinkled across her face and how casual she looked in her blue dress.