DA meeting: Chapter 10

(3rd POV)

Today is the first day the DA is meeting. Ginny woke up and got dressed. Hermione was already in the common room when Ginny came down.

"Hey Hermione." Ginny said walking towards her.

"Hey Ginny." Hermione said setting down her book.

"I'm hungry so get up!" Ginny said grabbing Hermione and pulled her out of the portrait hole.

Ginny and Hermione arrived in the Great Hall where they saw Harry and Draco. They walked to them. Ginny sat down next to Harry and Hermione sat down next to Draco. 

Pansy was sitting down across from Harry and next to Goyle. "Why do they always have to sit with us." Pansy said rolling her eyes.

"Because we want them to." Draco said while reading the Profit.

Luna Lovegood walked into the Great Hall and headed over towards Ginny. "Oh, great here comes Lonney Lovegood." Pansy said in a sarcastic tone.

"Hi, Ginny." Luna said in a dreamy voice.

"Hey Luna, how are you?" Ginny replied to Ginny.

"I'm good, there have been a ton of wackspurts though." Luna said dreamily.

"Oh." Ginny said. She didn't know what to say so she just smiled. Harry, Draco, Crabbe and Pansy were chuckling about the conversation.

"Not the wackspurts." Pansy whispered to them in a sarcastic tone. That was enough to make them all burst out laughing.

Luna was oblivious to what they were laughing about. "My father is writing a new story for the Quibbler..." Luna said and Ginny and Hermione had started a conversation about the Quibbler while Harry, Draco, Crabbe and Pansy were making jokes about Luna.

"Imagine having your father write the Quibbler, I would want to be disowned." Draco said causing them all to laugh once again. Just then the bell rang and they all sighed still smirking a bit.

Luna left the Great Hall when Ginny turned to Harry. "Can you not be so mean." She said rolling her eyes. 

"Come on Gin, what even are wackspurts and the Quibbler is a bunch of junk, you know that." He said trying to avoid eye contact with Ginny.

"Yea, whatever." Ginny said walking away.

Harry, Draco, Crabbe and Pansy went on their way to potions and half way to being there they met up with Goyle and Blaise.

(Later at lunch break)

Harry, Crabbe, Draco, Pansy, Goyle and Blaise were throwing a round a 1st year in the courtyard for fun when Ginny, Ron, Hermione, Seamus and Neville walked over.

"Leave the poor kid alone." Hermione said stomping towards them.

"What are you going to do you filthy mudblood." Blaise shouted. That was enough to make Draco go off. 

"Don't call her that!" Draco said stepping towards Blaise. 

"Why not? She is a mudblood." Blaise said annoyed. Meanwhile Hermione's eyes were watering and Neville and Ron were comforting her. Seamus stood there not knowing what to do. Ginny on the other hand ran over to Blaise and pulled out her hand.

All of the sudden Blaise had bats flying out of his nose and they started attacking him. Blaise screamed in pain while everyone laughed. This even caused Hermione to put on a small smile.

After 5 minutes Ginny stopped the hex and walked over to Hermione. Draco walked up to Blaise and punched him. Blaise ran off to the castle.

Draco walked over to Hermione and hugged her. She hugged him back, Pansy was still smirking about the hex and so was Ron.

"I usually hate your bat boogey hexs Ginny but that was bloody brilliant!" Ron said giving Ginny a playful punch.

"I had loads of practice on you." Ginny said smirking and playfully shoved Ron. Ron took a step back and bumped into Pansy.

Pansy crossed her arms and glared at Ron. Ron made a weird shriek and ran behind Ginny. Ginny laughed at this while Pansy continued to glare. She ended up rolling her eyes and turning away.

(That evening on the 7th floor) 

[Harry's POV] 

I was late to get to the DA meeting. I walked in the door and everyone turned to me.

"Sorry I'm late." I said and I put my bag down.

"Well um.. welcome to the first DA meeting." I said giving a small smile.

"If you are here you either want to learn how to defend yourself and actually learn something which I would guess is why most of you are here or you just want to break one of the pink toads rules." I said as I walked to the front of the room.

"I feel like we should start with a disarming spell since those are easy and useful." I said as I stood in front of everyone.

"Are we going to learn how to do a patronus?" A kid from Hufflepuff asked.

"I don't know, I haven't got a plan for every meeting." I said. "Anyway break into pairs of 2 and then I will show you how to do the spell."

Everyone went and broke into pairs of 2 and waited for the next instruction.

"So the spell ill teach you in explliarmus." I said and I showed the wrist movement.

"Can you give us an example?" A ravenclaw kid asked.

"Sure who wants to volunteer?" I asked.

The young ravenclaw stepped forward and took out her wand.

"Now just stay still." I said I took out my wand. I used the spell and their wand went flying out of their hand.

Everyone gasped and was talking about what happened, I pasted the young ravenclaw their wand and I told everyone to start practicing.

Hermione got it first after a few tries. I walked over to Ginny and watched her.

"Expelliarmus!" She said and nothing happened. I walked over to her and grabbed her hand and did the motion with her.

"Thanks" She said and she smiled at me. I smiled back and stepped back so she could try again.

"Expelliarmus!" She said as she waved her wand. She was partnered with Luna and Luna's wand had flown out of her had and went towards Ginny. 

Ginny had a huge smile on her face. I kept walking and looked to watch people doing their spells. George had done it successfully on Fred and caused him to loose his wand.

After about 15 minutes I called them to a hault.

"So most people have gotten it. So why not duel using this spell." I said as I walked to the middle. "Make room." I said as I moved people to the sides.

I explained how it was going to work and made sure they understood to use the disarming spell only.

"Ginny and Hermione." I said as they both walked to the middle.

"Go!" I said and they both aimed their wands. Hermione knocked Ginny's wand out of her hand and everyone was having  a good time.

After 45 minutes it was time to end the first meeting. "Okay, that's a end of this meeting." I said putting my wand away.

Everyone started to walk out and a couple of people stayed. Ginny, Hermione, Draco, Pansy, Ron, and me.

"That was excellent Harry." Draco said while walking up to Hermione and hugging her from behind.

"Yea it really was." Ron said smirking. I looked at Ron and saw him staring at Pansy.

Ginny apparently noticed this and walked over to him. "Go and talk to her." She said as she whispered into Ron's ear.

"I don't know, she is a bit scary." Ron said while taking a big gulp. Ginny rolled her eyes and pushed Ron over to Pansy.

***Hey , I really hope you enjoyed this episode. I think I'm going to make Pansy and Ron become very close ;) anywayyyy, this chapter has 1299 words in it so until next episode.***