Mates For Life

I sat at the table across from Jake and guess what moron sat next to me? That's right, the one and only jerk a.k.a Vincent. He was on my right while another member, Brian sat on my left. I sighed and ran my fingers through my curly hair until Jake squeezed my other hand resting on the table. I felt a little uncomfortable and heard Vincent growl at Jake. I quickly yanked my hand back and turned to face him and said in a whisper yell tone "please Vincent, stop" .

He calmed down a little then scrunched up his nose in disgust and looked away. I wish that he will just stop, I mean what did I do to get him mad?

Jake looked up at me and smiled "he's cocky and such a jerk" he said and I had to keep myself from laughing when all of a sudden Jake was pinned to the ground. I got up from the table and ran around it to pull Vincent off of Jake but Harold beat me to it.

Harold threw Vincent off and told Brian and Spencer to hold him down while I helped Jake up. He smirked then shot a pained expression because of the ugly bruise forming on his jaw. Vincent yelled " don't talk to her" and then he threw off the two guys and walked towards me. I backed away fearfully because of how intimidating he looked and how dark his eyes were.

He noticed and then changed his eye color to normal and charged up the stairs. I was like so confused and then I turned to Jake and carefully rubbed his bruise. Harold was telling others some orders and when they all left, it was just the three of us.

"I'm sorry Jake, i'm sure my son will get anger management classes by next week, Sage will you help Jake clean up while I talk to Vincent?" Alpha Harold asked and I nodded.

I looked around the dining room and spotted the door that led through the kitchen. I walked to it and looked through the drawers and cupboards to find a clean rag. When I found it, I walked over to the sink and rinsed the rag with hot water. After I finished, I lightly ran back to the dining room.

Jake was sitting on a chair wiping the blood off his nose and mouth, causing it to smear even more. I frowned and walked to him and dabbed the rag on his nose. He looked up at me and smiled a thank you and I cleaned his cheeks. I finally got done cleaning his face and he thanked me once more and took the rag and placed it on his nose , then walked off.

I started cleaning up by picking up all the dishes and tossing them in the sink and washing them and then cleaning the table.I was starving right now so I looked around for something simple to eat and I found an orange. I cut the orange in pieces until I heard Harold's foot steps coming from behind me.

I turned around slowly and faced a stressed out Harold and he looked at me in suspicion. "What are you eating?" He asked and I smiled , showing him the orange peel on my teeth. He laughed and said it was fine and looked around the kitchen in curiousity and turned back at me.

" alpha sir, I cleaned the whole kitchen and dining room, it was a mess and I thought that you won't have to clean" I said and he raised an eyebrow at me. " You know, we have maids but thank you for cleaning, and hey, you did a way better job than the maids" he said and I chuckled and smiled.

"Sage, it's really late so why won't you go ahead and go to sleep" Harold suggested and I nodded and walked to my room. I could hear Vincent cursing so I stopped in my tracks and walked back to knock on his door. " What!" He barked and I jumped back a little but then answered him " it's me Sage, may I come in?"

He hollered out ' fine' and I stepped in and shut the door behind me. "I just wanted to say sorry, for what happened at dinner" I said in a soft voice. He got off his bed and walked towards me only a few feet away and then he spoke. " It's not your fault, I just don't like that bastard and what ever he says to you" he said without any anger.

I looked at him and sighed " Vincent, why do you hate me?" I asked and twiddled my fingers. Vincent didn't answer and stuttered out something then told me to leave his room. I looked at him in disbelief but left