The right choice.

Chapter 22

The right choice.

************************************************************************************

“Lower, bend lower.”

I groaned loudly when Angela said those words. I mean how much a person can bend? Right now she was telling me to bend and touch my toes. Pretty easy task right? No, not really for me. Daph and Chris did it in a second, but the rest of us were having a hard time. We were training in the large opening at the back of the cottage and the weather was lovely.

“Lubna, I don’t get it why I have to train with them? I mean I’m the best fighter alive. Still you order me to train.” Chris whined again for a hundredth time looking at Lubna who was sitting on the back porch of the cottage on her rocking chair. Darkness was standing next to her, as stiff and alert as possible with his legs straight and hands behind his back. He always wore the same attire and his features would always be hidden from us. Lubna rolled her eyes at him.

“Stop whining young man and train. You need to train as hard as you can.” She yelled at Chris.

“Oh really? Then why is your lovely boy standing right next to you and not training with us?” He screamed in annoyance and Lubna frowned. Darkness placed a hand on her shoulder and she looked at him. Realization of something crossed on her delicate features and an amusing smile formed on her lips.

“Oh you’re right dear. Darkness darling, why don’t you go over there and train. Chris how about this, you won’t have to train with everyone ever if you take Darkness down in one on one?” She said, a coy smile playing on her lips.

“Uh Lubna, I don’t think that’s a good idea. Chris has won the title of the best fighter for 25 years straight. It won’t be a fair match.” Angela said, rubbing the back of her neck nervously.

“Yeah. I don’t think it’s going to be a fair match. The only reason why Darkness can defeat Rubail is that he must be having some kind of magic powers. That’s it. If it were for hand to hand combat, Rubail wouldn’t even stand a chance against me.” Chris bragged about himself and I couldn’t help but scoff.

Seriously? I know that guy is great at fighting, but this is too much.

“Oh dear. I guess than it’s a bad day for Darkness. Why don’t you go and stand there honey, in front of Chris so we can begin the match.” Lubna said full of excitement and gave a slight push to Darkness. He nodded stiffly again and walked down the porch. He stood in front of Chris in a casual posture and we all cleared the space.

Chris gave a once over to Darkness and let out a small chuckle. He took his fighting stance and nodded once. Darkness once again stood stiffly, his hands locked behind his back casually and nodded once.

“Ready, set...GO!” Angela screamed, indicating the start of the battle and Chris started circling Darkness. Darkness just stood there and would move his head ever so slightly in the direction of Chris whenever he was behind his back. After circling Darkness twice, Chris gave out a war cry and lunged for Darkness from behind his back. Then it was as if we saw everything in slow motion.

When Chris's fist was centimeters away from Darkness’s head, he abruptly turned with flawless but sharp movement and grabbed Chris's wrist in a death grip and twisted his hand behind his back. Chris only had the time to widen his eyes from surprise when Darkness turned and reverse round housed him on the back of his head. Chris fell onto the ground face first with his hand still twisted behind his back. Darkness freed Chris's hand from his grip and stood up smoothly. He came and stood next to Lubna once again in the same position. Lubna had a smirk on her face while we all stood there gaping like a fish.