Passionate hatred

Chapter 10

******************************************************************************

I woke up the next morning with a sore throat.

Damn you Dylan! Why’d you have to squeeze it so hard??

I dragged my tired body out of the bed and started on with the day. Today was the last day of school and summer vacations were starting. Relief finally. I sighed as I got out of the bathroom and headed straight towards my parents. Their condition hadn’t changed a bit last night and they both stayed stiff all night. When my eyes started drooping and I banged my head on the floor by falling asleep, I knew it was time to head to my room.

I reached downstairs and was shocked to see mum preparing breakfast in the kitchen while my dad sat at the dining table with a news paper in his hands, smiling widely at my mum.

They seem completely normal…

“Mum and dad?! How are you feeling?” I asked rushing towards them. My mum turned around and gave me a confused look.

“What do you mean honey?”

“Last night…” I trailed off, not knowing how to continue.

Last night the vampire that is bonded to me by mistake came in your room and compelled you not to move an inch and then headed to my room to squeeze my neck a little just for fun. Oh and dad, you should change the place where you hide you baseball bat. He knows where it is.

“Oh. Sorry for not checking up on you last night. I haven’t been doing that for two days now. I feel so exhausted all the time from working all day. I don’t know about your dad but I’m sleeping like a dead horse these days.” Mum said laughing lightly.

“Same here honey.” Dad replied chuckling.

So they don’t remember anything. Well that’s a good thing…I guess?

“No worries. You guys uh… just take care of yourself. I’ll just head off to school now.” With that, I grabbed an apple and ran out of the house to find Cam's car taking a turn towards my driveway.

Geez I’m getting late day by day.

I hopped in the jeep and we headed off to school.

************************************

“YAYE!!!! Summer vacations, here I come!!” Daph yelled at the top of her lungs swinging her arms wildly.

We were standing in the school parking lot, waiting for Nate. We have been waiting for him for about 15 minutes and just as I started to feel jumpy, he arrived. He got out of his car and came rushing towards us.

“Sorry I’m late guys. Let’s just go to my place and we’ll discuss everything there okay?” We all nodded and piled up in the cars.

**************************************

“He said that the cave was created for sole purpose, and when that cave no longer achieved its purpose, it disappeared.”

“Wait what? What was the sole purpose?” Cam asked. I shrugged in response.

“I think I understand what he was trying to say.” Nate spoke up for the first time since we arrived at his home. We all stared at him intently, waiting for him to continue and he took it as his cue to speak again.

“According to the observation of Mr. Nicolson, it wasn’t even possible for the cave to exist at such location but it did, the only other possibility of a cave existing there would be only if it was created by magic. Maybe the warlock created the cave so that he could trap Dylan in it which would be the sole purpose of the cave and when Dylan escaped, the cave no longer achieved its purpose so it disappeared. This is what I think he meant.” We stared at Nate with wide eyes for a long time. He seemed to feel uncomfortable under our scrutinizing gaze and stared at the ground.