Improvement part 1

Chapter 22

 Improvement??

******************************************************************************

“It’s because blood don’t taste the same anymore for me. I can’t drink it anymore.” He said looking at the ground, his teeth clenched. The pendants started glowing again.

My eyes widened.

“Dylan, what do you mean?” I confused, my voice coming out shaky and uneven.

He turned his head towards me, still not looking at me in the eyes. He took a shaky breath and glanced at me, I was staring right back him so he looked down again.

“Dylan, tell me what do you mean.” I said, this time a little harder and my voice strong.

He sighed and spoke.

“The last time I bit you, I couldn’t stop myself because…because your blood was too delicious, enticing. I can’t even describe it. I’ve never tasted  blood so addicting so I couldn’t stop and almost killed you. After that, every time I tried feeding, the blood tasted like… I don’t know garbage I guess. That’s why I’m not feeding and I can’t drink from you, I don’t trust myself around you.” He gritted out, clenching his jaw every now and then.

I frowned and looked away from him. He looked so vulnerable right now, someone could easily harm him and he was not used to it. That’s why he always seemed frustrated with himself because he wasn’t as strong as before. He would not be able to protect me when the time would come.

He needs to feed...

Dylan's eyes snapped to me and he pushed himself further into the wall.

“Jade, please get away from me, I’m losing control. I might kill you.” He said firmly turning his head away from me. By now the pendants were glowing so brightly, the whole room was illuminated. I stared at him for a moment and simply stood up and walked out of the room.

What will I do? He can’t drink any other blood except mine. Should I give him my blood?

I think you should.

The voice in my mind whispered. I frowned at the idea of talking to myself but soon found myself doing it.

But he tried to kill me, heck he even tried to kill my friends. How can I trust him?

You already trust him, you just don’t admit it to yourself. And about your friends, he said himself that they were fine and you don’t need to worry about them.

What if he was lying to me huh?

Has he ever lied to you before? No matter how harsh he'd been in the past, he always flat out told you the truth. No beating around the bush with him.

Everything has a first time.

For goodness sakes woman, admit it that you like him! He’s been acting differently towards you and you like it. Everywhere you go he follows you like a puppy just so he can protect you. He could’ve locked you in a room but he didn’t. Now he is suffering because he doesn’t want to harm you!

Yes, he doesn’t want to harm me because his life depends on mine! His life line is connected with mine.

Have you ever thought there might be another reason behind what he’s doing? If that was the only reason, he could’ve locked you up in the cell. He could’ve send a doctor to you so that he or she could take safe amount of blood from you without your consent but he didn’t. Now is your time to prove that you care about him because honey, he has already proven that he cares…