Too much feels here...

Chapter 20

 Too much feels here...

******************************************************************************

I woke up the next morning to find Dylan still acting the same way as he did last night. When I told Chris about this miraculous change, he laughed.

“I knew it would happen Jade. You know Dylan is really ashamed of himself after what he did to you. After he found out that you were gone, Dylan was going crazy. I know you won’t believe it but he was almost on the verge of tears. He kept repeating that he made a huge mistake of hurting you, letting you go. He was the one who found you in the clutches of that man and he was the one who saved you.” Chris said seriously.

I let out a scoff and laughed loudly. Soon my laughter died down when I saw the serious expression still on his face.

He couldn’t be serious could he?

“There is no way I can believe you Chris. There is no way. I am willing to believe that fishes can fly but not this. I mean if he really cares about me that much why would he hurt me?” I shot back. No matter how bad my heart wanted to believe what Chris was saying was true, I wouldn’t let it. I couldn’t fall for that. I knew better than to get myself on the verge of tears again because of that bastard. Chris grabbed my shoulders and forced me to look in his eyes.

“Look at me in the eyes and tell if I’m lying or not? Stop acting like such a brat Jade. He is a bipolar vampire that was trapped in a cave for over a thousand years without any thread holding his sanity. What else do you expect from him? I know what he did was extremely wrong but please give him this one last chance. I swear you won’t regret it. Please, for my sake.” Chris practically pleaded with me. I shoved his hands of my shoulders and stepped back, angry tears forming in my eyes.

“I can’t believe you Chris. Can you not see that my life is in danger whenever I am with him? I don’t trust him at all with my life. I don’t believe any of the shit he says to you and I most certainly can’t believe that you’re taking his side even though you know he’s wrong.” I cried back now tears freely flowing. Chris looked at me brokenly and sighed painfully.

“Jade I’m not taking his side. I’m on your side I swear. I only want what's good for you.” Chris said quietly.

“It doesn’t look like it. The way you’re defending his actions tell a whole different story.” I snapped.

“I never defended his actions.” Chris snapped back and continued, not giving me a chance to retaliate. “Jade I’m on your side. You both are on the same side. You guys always were. I won’t beg you anymore to give him another chance. I've had enough of this. You WILL give him another chance. And until you don’t go and have a serious chat with him, you won’t see me. Trust me you’ll thank me one day for this.” Chris disappeared from the kitchen after that.

“Yeah go do what even you want. I don’t freaking care!” I screamed after him even though there was a slim chance he would’ve heard that. I knew Chris couldn’t stand an hour without checking up on me. He would come back around eventually.

I shook my head and made my way out of the kitchen. I abruptly stopped when I felt a presence on my right side and turned my head to look who it was. Dylan stood there staring at me with a blank expression. A gasp almost left my lips when I noticed how awful he looked. The bags under his eyes were turning a shade of gruesome purple and his skin a pasty white. Every second and now he would clench his jaw as if to prevent himself from opening his mouth and take huge gulps of air. Even though from his face he looked weak, but from his stance by no means he was anywhere even near that word.