I found myself in wonderland

Chapter 11

I found myself in wonderland…

******************************************************************************

I woke up to the sick feeling of nausea. The feeling was so extreme that my eyes shot open and I dry heaved on the floor I was laying on. After coughing a few times and making sure that I won’t be dry heaving soon, I laid my head back on the ground and scanned my surroundings.

My room never had a dirty grey ceiling and walls made of concrete.

I scrambled in sitting position and looked around.

I was in a…cell? Why was I in a cell?!

Last night came rushing back to me and I shuffled to stand up but ended up falling down because my legs couldn’t hold my weight. I started feeling dizzy and nausea tic. I crawled towards the metal bars of the cell which were corroding and looked pretty old.

“Hello??” my voice came out hoarse and raspy so I tried clearing my throat but it was of no use so I continued.

“Is anyone there? Ca-can anyone hear me? Dylan? Dylan are you there?”

I waited a few seconds but no one replied so I decided to take a peek outside. I bent my head forwards and saw a long corridor which was completely dark. Even my cell was poorly lit and I had a hard time looking. I sighed and backed up against the wall, pulling my knees to my chest and resting my head on them. I was sick, hungry and alone in this place.

***********************************

7200…

7201…

7202…

I was so bored that I started counting the seconds and according to my calculations, I had been sitting in this same position for the past two hours and my stomach kept producing sounds like a dying whale. I even sang for a long time in a high voice so that someone could hear me.

I’m freaking out, where am I now?

Upside down and I can’t stop it now…

It can’t stop me nowww, oh ohh ohhh

I’ll get by, ohh ohhh oohhhh

I’ll survive…

When the world’s crushing down, when I fall I hit the ground

I will turn myself around, don't you try to stop me

Ohh ohh ohh I’ll get by,

Ohh oohhhh I won’t cryyy….

I found myself in wonderland,

Get back on my feet again,

Is this real? Is it pretend?

I’ll take a stand until the eeee-hennndddd ohhhhh ohhhhh…

Ugh my butt’s gone numb from sitting so long on this hard ground.

I had enough time to study my surroundings and I realized that right now, I was sitting in the cleanest part of the cell which was the far right corner. The whole cell was dirty, walls stained with God knows what and a few parts of the ground were damp and the place reeked of urine.

There were brown unidentified stones scattered all over the floor.

Or at least I think they were stones...