CHAPTER 5

Mehar pov

Its my sister Rihana's engagement , the whole palace is busy in the preparations. The carpet being changed, curtains , chandeliers getting cleaned and the tasty smell of the food being cooked. My mother queen's voice commanding the servants. I am very happy for my sister, she got a good man, he is the son of a minister, who is good looking and decent.

"Rihana, you look beautiful" I was setting her earrings. "You're very lucky" I smiled looking into the mirror.

"Yes, I'm , but its also high time that, you find someone" my sister said. "I'm not a person to be loved Rihana, I don't know if I could understand someone or they will understand me, it would be like a cage to me being controlled by someone".

My sister raised her voice and then with a tensed voice" Controlled , when you love someone , you are free". I rolled my eyes "oh! Rihana, I don't know about that , and I'm happy being single like this and concentrating on my works".

In my mind, I don't think , I can be loved. Mother is right , she does say the truth when she yells at me. I'm straight forward and because of this, I have rejected many suitors. As, they only wanted to marry me for their name connections in the royal family and none of them fancied me , they were all idiots. But my sister is really lucky .

We walked to the hall of the palace, it was beautifully decorated with flowers, curtains , the musician's playing music and people were greeting each other.

My father greeted everyone "Salam, on this auspicious occasion, of my daughter's engagement to Abrar Qazi, son of Altumish, my friend and thank you for blessing our children".

Everyone was happy and finally the engagement part was over. I went back to my room but in the corridor, I heard strange voices. I went near to it, only to find two men discussing  something, I could only hear " We will kill him" and my eyes were shocked. " Who?", I murmured myself.

I couldn't react , I went to my chamber, I couldn't sleep. I was thinking , who those men were, they looked like our soldiers but who are they talking to kill "Is it my father". I was scared , I went to my father , to check on him, he was sleeping peacefully. I informed the guards to be extra careful tonight and went back to my room. "Did, I hear something wrong" I murmured myself. what is happening. I have a bad feeling about this.