CHAPTER 4

A long distance on the other side, was the great Maratha Kingdom. The people were known for their honesty, loyalty and virtues . It was the most important jewels for them. The king Surya Pratap, was a great man and he ruled his kingdom peacefully. The greatest thing that he had was the light of his eyes , his son and the future king , Prince Rajvansh Pratap. He was a young man, tall , muscular and handsome. Many girls tried to woo him but he would politely decline. He was everyone's favorite in the kingdom a good man with good manners. He was religious, and used to go the Ganges to perform the rituals. He was kind and caring towards his people, the old people used to bless him.

As, a soldier he was skilled swordsperson and no one could compete him. He was practicing sword fighting with 10 soldiers at a time , he fought with everyone. His eyes sharply, focused on his opponents, he tackled everyone and won. 

From the other side his Grandfather "Well done! my son" he clapped. Rajvansh touched his grandfather's feet "Bless me ajooba(grandfather)", he smiled.

"Rajvansh, there is a festival coming next week, there is Durga pooja , I hope you will perform it, with the kingdom's people....this is good for your future" he said.

"As, you wish , I willl go to the the city's temple", I nodded.

After a week, I visited the temple, thousands of people gathered and were performing. I dressed in the ritual clothes, I was accompanied with my best friend Shivam. We went, I  performed the rituals and donated clothes, gold coins to the poor, everyone were blessing us.

One old lady blessed me " Son, may you get a good girl, as your wife". I was awestruck but Shivam chuckled and started laughing. we finished distributing , later ,I and shivam were sitting near a lake . Shivam laughed recalling that old lady's words " Oh! Rajvansh, you should find a girl". I punched him hard, on his shoulder "Shut up!". I rolled my eyes.

The girl that I imagine is not present in this world. "Is that so", Shivam looked curious.

"Every girl is beautiful, but my type would be beauty with brains, strong , confident lady, the time I will see her, I will know it" I said smilingly. " Whatever, Rajvansh , I will get married earlier than you, you are complex".

After sunset, we reached the palace and celebrated with our family . Everyone was happy. I love everyone but my uncle Rathore is my favorite , he is like my second father , always there to support me. We shared sweets and a grand feast was set. May this year bring good things in life , I prayed.