12 | bus ride.

Sunwoo walked through the busy streets, it was after school hours so it was understandable for everyone to be outside, on their way to their homes.

He was on his way to the bus, which when looking at the bus stop from afar, you can already tell that it was going to be crowded inside as there were already some people waiting there.

Sunwoo walked towards it and stood beside it, as people were already seated there and no one was kind enough to give up their seat for Sunwoo.

He looked at his watch and wiped it with a sigh of relief, realizing he wouldn't have to wait as much as it was almost going to arrive.

The bus arrived and people were already walking in, pushing each other carelessly. So, to avoid being pushed around, Sunwoo waited the last in line to get on the bus. When there were only two people in front of him, he heard a voice calling for him.

"Hey Sunwoo! Wait..." Haknyeon jogged to Sunwoo, and stopped when he reached for awhile to balance his breathing. "Whew! I was gonna ask if we can go home together?"

"Sure," Sunwoo smiled at his friend, and got on the bus, making Haknyeon follow from behind him.

They paid the bus driver and found the last two seats for them and sat down. Sunwoo sighed and leaned his head back, looking tired from today.

"Tired?" Haknyeon asked, Sunwoo nodded in response, "you can sleep if you want, I will wake you up when we get close to where you live."

"It's okay," Sunwoo yawned, "besides, I'm not as tired."

Haknyeon smiled at him, figuring that he's obviously lying. "Do you want to listen to some music?" He asked his obviously tired friend.

"Sure," Sunwoo smiled, but not the smile that reached his eyes, that was another piece of evidence that he was indeed, tired. Yet, he didn't want to admit.

Haknyeon got out his earphones and plugged them to his phone. He started playing his study playlist that he listens to whenever he needs to calm down.

The two of them shared the earphones and sat in comfortable silence, enjoying the other's presence and the music playing.

Haknyeon spoke up after a while, "do you like the playlist so far?" He whispered, to not ruin the calming mood.

"Mhm," Sunwoo hummed while slowly nodding his head, indicating that he was probably half awake, though his mind was flooded with multiple thoughts of what happened the past few days.

He closed his eyes, he remembered all the times Haknyeon invited him, or how Haknyeon payed for the ice cream, or how he initiates the conversations always. He feels a bit rude that he hasn't done anything yet to show his commitment to their friendship, so he slowly opened his eyes and spoke up again.

"Hey," he whispered to Haknyeon who turned around to face him, "do you want to go to the movies tomorrow? You know, if you're free that is."

Sunwoo lowered his face, because of that he couldn't see the look of genuine happiness on Haknyeon's face. "Of course," Haknyeon smiled at Sunwoo, making Sunwoo look at him and smile back.

The two both went silent again, until Haknyeon heard soft snoring beside him, he turned around to find Sunwoo already sleeping in an awkward position.

'Today must've been very long for him,' Haknyeon thought to himself as he smiled. He gently held Sunwoo's head and put it on his shoulder so his sleep would be a bit more comfortable.

"If only you knew what you do to me," Haknyeon whispered at his friend who was in a deep slumber.

Or maybe not.

Sunwoo smiled tiredly, feeling Haknyeon's soft hands touch his hair, and his gentle breath on his face, 'if only you knew what you do to me, too.'

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

―₊˚.༄ a/n: TUN TUN TAAAAANNNNN!!!!! what did sunwoo mean? what does he feel about haknyeon??? that's a secret i'll never tell xoxo gossip girl