2 | chocolate.

Walking towards the market, he surely was tired after school, especially the long walk he had to take because he missed the bus, since he had a surprise quiz last period, that he was prepared for of course, but took a long time finishing because of the stress he was having that day.

Stepping inside the market, Sunwoo smiled at the cashier as a silent greeting, and moved towards the candy section.

He furrowed his eyebrows trying to look for fancy looking chocolate boxes, while trying to figure out his crush's favorite type of chocolate, or to remember if they mentioned anything about it.

Still trying to look for chocolate, he felt a tap on his shoulder.

Haknyeon,

The funny and bubbly boy that he shares some of his classes with, and had some projects that they passed with flying colors.

"Oh Haknyeon! It's been awhile hasn't it?" Sunwoo asked him, awkwardly scratching his neck.

"Hi! Yes it has," Haknyeon smiled happily at the boy in front of him. "How have you been?"

"I've been well," Sunwoo replied, "what about you?"

"I've been doing well too," Haknyeon then turned his eyes to what Sunwoo has been looking at and skimming through, "do you need help with anything? You look a bit lost."

Sunwoo cheeks became a light shade of pink, "is it that obvious?" he laughed nervously, making Haknyeon smile at his cuteness. "Do you perhaps work here?" He looked around the shop, scanning the shelves around them.

"Oh I don't, but you looked like you needed help, and there's nothing better than helping an old friend in need." Haknyeon answered casually.

"Ohh," Sunwoo tried to think of what he could pick, "I'm trying to look for a fancy box of chocolates as a present for uh, a friend." He explained.

"Hmm," Haknyeon thought, "there's this box of chocolates that I really liked," he walked towards a small section of the shelf in front of them. He picked it up, and handed it to sunwoo, "I ate it with my mom, I bought it as a celebration for when I passed one of my exams last year, now we buy it regularly, it's that good."

Sunwoo nodded, taking the information in, "I trust your taste, so I will be buying this," he smiled at his friend, "I'll go pay at the desk and will be heading out, do you need anything?"

"No I'm good, tell me if your friend likes the chocolates or not." Haknyeon replied.

"Alright, see you soon Haknyeon." Sunwoo waved and walked to the desk.

"See you soon, Sunwoo." He whispered back, and smiled sadly at his friend's walking figure. He turned towards the section of the fancy looking chocolate boxes, and sighed.

'When will he ever realize?' He thought to himself, while reading through the chocolate's ingredients, made with love, the last sentence in the ingredient table said, he scoffed and laughed bitterly at the sad truth, 'it's definitely not me.'

Sexuality and feelings are a hard thing to figure out, especially with teenagers who are still growing up, alongside stress and hardships that will happen in their life, it will add onto the stress of trying to figure out themselves.

Haknyeon so far has figured out some stuff, has figured out what he wants to do and be, yet he doesn't know where to start.

Love seemed like the hardest thing for him to figure out, he liked Sunwoo so much, but he's not sure if he likes him to the extent where he fell in love with him. That's why it frustrates him, why didn't he know just what love was? He's read articles and many writings based on love, and how it really feels like, but even after reading many, he can never be too sure.

Haknyeon feels guilty to think like this, to feel like he's stressed out when he has almost all of the support in the world, from his family, especially his mother, his friends and teachers. Yet those who support him don't and can't give him a step-by-step guide on how to achieve his dreams, it's his job to figure that out, and he understands that, yet he can't help but stress over how unfair life is sometimes.

He definitely knows that there are some dreams that he might have to give up on, and one of them might be the thought of Sunwoo liking him back.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

―₊˚.༄ a/n: half of this chapter was inspired by my thoughts and worries in the world, i'm sorry if it was too sad, but the angst still hasn't begun yet, lol.