6 | rain's cries.

―₊˚.༄ a/n:

i listened to this song for inspo. listen to it while reading to set the mood:)

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

When the bus left the bus stop, he looked out the window to check if they actually left, then sat closely to the window.

He let out a huge exhale of air, and leaned his head on the shaking window, he didn't really care at that moment, he just needed support, and at this moment, he was accepting it from anything.

Never would he have ever thought that the person he liked so much, and thought about frequently, would think of him this way, negatively and positively at the same time. It broke his heart just thinking about it.

The scenario, the whole thing that happened today, kept replaying in his mind as if it was a small movie, a little sketch, a play you may say. Feeling the heavy rain on the window he started slowly crying, feeling himself sob quietly, making his body shake.

Trying to stay as quite as possible, and to not show himself in case the bus driver looks at the mirror if he hears the soft whimpers, or in case people from outside get too curious and decide to look at the window, of the passing by bus.

What Haknyeon said was really true out there, well, half true. He wasn't really envious of his friend sunwoo, he looked up to him.

He put his face in his hands, and let the memories sink in.

"Ah, seriously!" Haknyeon frustratingly looked at the laptop in front of him, "is this teacher stupid? I can't find anything!" He yelled, feeling tears in his eyes because of the frustration.

"Haknyeon," Sunwoo moved his attention from his laptop to his project partner, "calm down Haknyeon, I'll help you. Just sit back and relax, okay?"

"We won't be able to find it anyway!" He felt the small tears move to the corner of his eyes, he wiped them away.

"Listen Haknyeon," Sunwoo cupped Haknyeon's cheeks and made him look at him, "it doesn't matter if we find it or not, we'll just tell the teacher that what he asked for us was non existent," he wiped Haknyeon's tears with his fingers, then moved towards the table and got some tissues and used them to wipe his tears, "it'll be okay."

Haknyeon's heart started beating unnaturally, and he felt his cheeks redden. 'I'm probably just embarrassed, yeah, just that.' He thought to himself, trying to justify his reaction to Sunwoo's sudden comforting.

Sunwoo removed his hands Haknyeon's face and gave him some space, "are you okay now?" The sudden question made Haknyeon snap out of his little trance, he nodded at him, but the said male was still unconvinced.

"Are you sure? You're a bit red, right now." He pointed out, making Haknyeon's eyes widen slightly.

"Y — yes, yes I'm alright." Haknyeon stuttered nervously with a small smile, "we sh — should, uh, go back to work."

"Yeah, let's go finish our work." Sunwoo said with a smile, and they both went back to their work.

Haknyeon sighed, face still in his hands, 'he's still as oblivious as ever, he'll never know.' He sadly thought to himself.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

Sunwoo started walking under the rain, he didn't want to wait for another bus to arrive, or go ride the same bus with Haknyeon.

It was far too embarrassing for him, that his friend witnessed the rejection he faced, and also listened to him complain about how he's so jealous, of him.

But right now, Sunwoo couldn't even think to feel some embarrassment or at least shame, his mind was a mess right now, although it didn't show on his blank and tired looking face. He cried far too much, his eyes were very swollen, and his throat felt very dry.

He continued walking, the rain getting heavier as ever, but Sunwoo didn't mind, he wanted to feel the rain's sadness, it'll only make it even.

Sunwoo stopped suddenly walking and questioned loudly, "why am I such an idiot?" He coughed a bit, he was definitely going to get sick from this.

Even if he couldn't cry right now, even if it hurt him to cry right now, he couldn't help it. The tears started pouring in right back, as if someone summoned them with a quick spell. He looked at the sky again and questioned softly, "am I not capable to be loved?"

Recieving nothing but the sound of the heavy rain around him, he tilted his head slowly and looked deeply onto the dark sky. "Send me someone, please." He whispered the broken request silently and slowly, word after word.

"It's okay if you don't, I understand." he choked out, sniffing in a deep breath, he hung his head down, and walked more, to his destination. His home.

'Home' doesn't sound like home right now for Sunwoo, he just hoped his mom wasn't awake to see him in such state, he didn't want to explain, and was too tired. He'd probably started balling in his mother's arms if he did try to explain, and he didn't want to be such a bother for her.

He finally reached his home, and went inside, he realized his mom was already sleeping, so he walked slowly to his room to not disturb her.

When he entered his room, he changed into his pajamas, and plopped into his bed, too tired to move more, and he just slowly went to sleep.

"Don't wake me up, please," he whispered to nothing, and nobody. He definitely did not want to wake to whatever tomorrow has for him planned.

He walked in that lonely night with a broken heart, while the other had the same broken heart, but under a warm comfortable shelter.

This must be nothing but a sad dream.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

―₊˚.༄ a/n: the only thing i know how to write sometimes is angst cause this bitch sad asf LMFAO

anyways how did i do🙄