13 | rain's laughs.

Today was saturday, and it was a bit late, but Sunwoo and Haknyeon were supposed to meet up at the park. So here Sunwoo was, getting ready to meet Haknyeon and watch a movie with him, what were they going to watch today? He fixed his bangs that were a bit messy. A romance? His stomach was filled with butterflies and his face flushed just thinking about it.

But why? Why does he react like that? Is it because of Haknyeon? He quickly shook his head as if to shake those thoughts off of him and looked at the mirror for the last time for the final touches.

Finally satisfied with how his bangs looked, he grabbed his jacket and put it on, he looked at the mirror again to see how the jacket looked like, as it was a brand new one. But why was he looking at the mirror so much? Why is he wearing his brand new jacket? Is he trying to impress someone?

Sunwoo blushed again and groaned, trying to forget his thoughts. He really was embarrassing himself.

He grabbed his shoes and wore them, he sighed and opened the door with the keys, "I'm going out like I told you mom! Lock the door after I leave," he yelled at his mom who was in the living room, announcing his leave.

"Alright! Have fun with your friend! Stay safe!" His mom yelled back.

"Will do!" He yelled before closing the door on his way out.

He arrived at the park, it was already getting cold so he closed his jacket. The red color fit him, it wasn't too bright, nor too dark, it was just perfect for Sunwoo.

He strolled through the park skimming his eyes over the small amount of people, when a smile painted his face as he saw a familiar face.

"Haknyeon!" He yelled to catch the boy's attention. The said boy turned around with a smile lighting up his face as he quickly recognized the voice of his friend, the smile making Sunwoo shyly smile back.

He quickly walked towards Haknyeon to him, both of them greeted each other politely and friendly.

"Shall we get headed then?" Haknyeon asked.

"Yeah, we should."

The two of them walked out of the park and got engrossed into a meaningful conversation with one another, talking about whatever came to minds.

"What movie should we choose when we get there?" Sunwoo asked after they finished their discussion about the best juice, Sunwoo of course picked pear, but that doesn't matter.

"How about a horror movie? I heard that they were playing a really good new one right now." Haknyeon answered, taking in all the colors around them in the street they were walking in, they were a bit bright, but fit the dark roads.

Sunwoo gulped, he hated horror movies, he hated anything that included scaring him. He had one friend who used to always drag him around to watch horror movies and showed him his horror shenanigans, thank god that friend is busy with college now. nonetheless, he still answered, very nervously, "yeah, sure, why not?"

As if Haknyeon didn't see his nervousness, he smiled and nodded at him.

The both of them went back to another conversation when they suddenly felt tiny water drops fall on them. 'Rain? Oh no,' Sunwoo looked at his phone and checked the weather, the correct prediction was written there right before his eyes, I mean an idiot would have guessed it was going to rain!

"Oh my god I'm so sorry, I didn't know it was going to rain today."

"It's alright, I didn't know too." Haknyeon said with a smile. Haknyeon lied, he actually knew it was going to rain that day, but who would miss out on another friendly date with their crush? "Besides, those movies weren't that good." He smiled and walked away while skipping, twirling around in the rain.

"I beg your pardon...?" Sunwoo asked, curious in what he was doing.

"Let go Sunwoo, let go of your worries for awhile and let's just have fun," Haknyeon yelled at his friend because of the distance and laughed, making Sunwoo laugh back and carefully run towards him.

The two of them danced and laughed in the empty streets with rain falling all over them, they were probably going to get sick, but it didn't matter at that moment, they were too happy to realize.

"Thank you for being here with me Haknyeon, I really am thankful for your kind actions." Sunwoo whispered as the two silently stared at eachother.

A small smile was present on Haknyeon's face as he whispered back, "of course," the words coming out of his throat as if he was breathing fire, "that's what friends are for, right?"

All Sunwoo felt was unexpected disappointment at that moment, he felt as if a thousand knifes were splattered into his heart, yet he managed to smile back sadly and say, "yeah, friends."

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

―₊˚.༄ a/n: started on a good note then i made these bitches sad LMAOO

anyways, this book's reads are going up kind of quickly im scared of y'all. and we already passed 500 like wow.. thank you<3