My Contribution to Daminette Dec. 'Royalty'

A/N: I spent a pretty long time writing this so I hope you like it. Also posted on AO3

~

His Majesty, Prince Damian, had came far from the arrogant 10 year old he was when he first arrived in Gotham. He no longer claimed that he is the rightful heir of Gotham and calmed to the level that he realized that governing a country was not something he wanted. And for the sake of all the Gothamites, he knew that Timothy was far more qualified for the position than he was. 

Not that he'd ever directly tell him that.

By the time Damian was 17 he had finished all the schooling he needed. And without school keeping him in the capital, Gotham City, he decided to travel and 'go on a soul finding journey'. In Richard's words, not his. 

But even though he's not as haughty as he was in his tweens, Damian still had a temper. And when he was all but ambushed by the local lord's daughter, he thought he might lose control again and cause an international incident. The Parisian Prince, Adrien, maybe? Damian could be bothered to remember, just stood next to her with an apologetic smile. 

'He just stands there while his guest gets assaulted by this harlot? Tt, Pathetic.' 

He was already sick of hearing her rant of how ridiculous, utterly ridiculous her school mates were. Something about a bread girl.

"Excuse me, can you show me to my room, now?" He said curtly. 

"Of course, Damian, follow me." Adrien said, with his trademark smile.

"Tt, it's Prince Damian to you." Damian knew he was being a brat, but he already disliked the boy.

~

"-and this is your room." finished Adrien as presents the suite. 

'I didn't ask for the grand tour.' They had been walking around the Grand Paris Hotel for an hour while the girl was leading them to every floor in the building, bragging about their astounding clientele.

As he reached for the door handle, he noticed a girl, 'a maid maybe', walk into the corridor. She looked up at the people with him and her eyes widened a bit. Damian noticed other things too, like her hair, which was so dark it looked blue, that was held in a standard worker's bun. Her eyes, that were maybe blue, grey? He couldn't decide. He wondered what it would look like under in the moonlight. Even from so far he swore she might just be the most beautiful person he'd ever seen. And he wasn't known for praising other's, especially people's looks. 

But before she could get out of the hall, Adrien spotted her and his eyes brightened with something, malicious, like a predator spotting it's prey. 

"Mari! Come here, and meet our guest!" Adrien said, dragging her over to him.

"Your Highness, let go of me. I have a job, and your interrupting its execution." the moonlight girl. 

'Such blatant disrespect, does she not know who she is talking to-'

"Your job can wait, Mari." His smile sharpens and he sets a hand on her lower back, and based on the disgusted glare she sends him, it's unwelcomed.

'Nevermind, it was completely justified.'

"My name is Marinette and that is what you will call me." She brushes his hand off and stepped away from him.

'So her name is Marinette. Beautiful, as she is.'

His inner smooth talker takes the lead and gently brings her hand to his mouth to give her a traditional greeting, "Hello Miss Marinette, I'm Damian, and its a pleasure to meet you." He looks at her with a small smile.