Atlantnean!Mari (Idea)

Mari always knew she was different. That she had something no one else around her had. She was adopted as a baby, taken in by a kind Parisian couple.

She knew that no could swim as gracefully as she did. Or breath underwater.

All her life she listened carefully to what people say.

Chloe says hurtful insults

Lila tells pretty stories.

Alya shares false information.

Adrien makes empty promises.

But there was always one person that would talk on and on and she would never get bored of there stories.

Water always spoke to her. It empowered her in a way. The stories she had be told by the sound of waves crashing or rain pounding. Sometimes, and even she swears she crazy, she sees pictures in the water from any time. A battle of people with tritons or a boat carrying a family across the sea.

One day a man who called himself Master Fu introduced himself to her. Said he knew about her powers and could teach her more. That he could tell her about her origin. She accepted and started training with him. Telling her parents he was teaching her self-defense was easy.

By the time she was 18 she had already lost some friends made new better ones, finished school, made a very successful company, could fight like a warrior, and could recite Atlanean history as far as it goes.

She told her friends, Ondine, Marc, Aurore, and Mierelle, about her powers and they organized a trip to America to find someone like her. (In this she has super strength and durability like Auqaman)

So now they are where ever Auqaman does his superhero-ing. She becomes a detective like hero because the water tells her what she needs to know about the enemy or really anything.

So the Justice League is all suspicious of the new player and is like 'let's kidnap them and see what side they are on' So they send Aquaman and Flash to retrieve her.

She puts up a good fight and was neck and neck with Auqaman but flash caught her by surprise.

So now she's is knocked out and taken to a warehouse for interrogation.

"Who are you?"

"Shouldn't you know? Or do you just kidnap random citizens?"

"Why are you sending in random tips to the PD? How are you getting this information?"

"Can I get some water? I'm parched and I can't answer you questions with a dry throat."

"Who are yo-"

"I don't see anyone moving to get water so I guess that means I can't answer your questions, Batman."

5 minutes, 1 bottle of water later...

"Who are you?"

"I'm Marinette"

"Where are you getting your information? Who's your informant?"

"Water."

"You got your water already now answer the questio-"

"I get my information from water Batman, it's that simple."

"Stop with the jokes and tell us wher-"

"I'm in a warehouse in Smyrna, Delaware. You are Bruce Wayne, he's Barry Allen, she's Diana Prince, and he is Arthur Curry and King of Atlantis. That proof enough for you?"

Woop, now she's wrapped up in Wonder Woman's rope, just great.

"How do you know that?"

"Okay, now I feel like you guys just aren't listening- OW jeez, I told you I get it from water. It talks to me, and it has since I was little. When I was 13 someone named Wang Fu found me and told me he knew why I have these powers and could teach me. He said I was an Atlantean and-"

"Wang Fu!? He's an old Atlantean general. He moved to the surface years ago."

"He taught me all I know about Atlantis. You can take a blood test if you want to be completely sure."

"Good idea"

"Could you also take the rope off? It's a little uncomfortable"