Chapter 8

In the end, Blue went home on her own. She didn’t go on a date with P’Moon, while Bright on the other hand, told her that he needed time to be alone. Now, Blue is chilling around in her room and staring at her phone at the same time. She got nothing to do so she decided to check her social media accounts. “Gosh, what am I doing?” Blue locked her phone after she typed Bright’s username on the search bar in Instagram.

“I wonder if he’s doing fine..” Blue mumbled. She opened her phone once again and came across his Instagram account. It was full of pictures with different subjects, there were people, places, and objects. It is indeed beautiful, Blue didn’t expect that he’s some kind of photographer. “Wait, is this me?” Blue tapped the photo where she thinks she found herself.

She wasn’t wrong because the person in the photo was really her. It was taken during their camping trip. It was a candid shot while she was picking berries. The caption that says ‘She’s one of a kind’ made Blue blush. "I didn’t know he posted this. I must check my social media once in a while. First of all, why did he take a picture of me, and why did he post me? It will cause an issue.” Blue checked the likes and comments.

Bright must be popular in his previous school, he has many followers and likers. There were certain comments that caught her attention. Some girls were bashing her because she’s the first girl that Bright posted after his ex and him broke up. Some were saying that they only like his ex for him. “Damn, these girls are desperate. Who are they talking about? Bright has an ex-girlfriend?” Blue wondered, so she stalked more.

When she almost scrolled all of his posts, she came across a photo of a girl. Bright was leaning on her shoulder. She’s pretty, I wonder who she is. Blue checked the caption and it says ‘I’m the Bright to your Beam’. “Her name is Beam?” Blue noticed that there’s a tagged person in the photo. She clicked the girl’s profile and she was mesmerized with what she saw.

Beam is a model, so almost all of her posts were about her modeling shoots. “I get it now. I understand why their fans were going crazy about them, they make a good couple.” She scrolled more, hoping to see any photo of her and Bright or Bright himself but there was none. I bet her agency restricted her to do that. “I’m curious about why they broke up. Jeez, he had an angel as his girlfriend. He would definitely downgrade if it’s true that he likes me.” Blue shook her head.

She went downstairs to grab some food. “Papa, I’m hungry. What do we have- Oh my God! B-Bright?! Why are you here? I thought.. uhm, I thought you wanted some alone time?” Blue almost dropped her heart when she saw Bright instead of her father. “Good timing, dear. I was supposed to call you from your room. I saw Bright walking near our porch so I called him for snacks. Come and join him.” Her father explained. She sighed deeply to forget her anxiousness.

Mr. Noppachorn baked some cookies and he served it to the two. “Serve yourself, alright? I’m going to buy something from the grocery. I’ll leave the two of you here.” He reached for his car keys while he’s saying his reminders. As soon as he put his shoes on, he bid them goodbye. The two were left in silence and nobody dared to talk.

“What did you do? Why didn’t you go home with me?” Blue asked, Bright couldn’t speak so he only stared at her. “Sorry, am I too nosy?” She asked, Bright shook his head. “I just cleared my thoughts. I’m fine now, thanks for worrying.. and I’m sorry for causing trouble” Bright looked down to the cookies on his plate to avoid Blue’s gaze.

“You can always tell everything to me, Bright. You were my childhood friend, and my best friend now too. I'm always here to listen, keep that in mind." Bright took a sip of his juice. "I've thought about it, Blue. I don't want to deny it anymore, I want to be honest with you and myself." Blue nodded and waited for his answer.