Chapter 10

Blue was left alone outside the clinic rooms, Shan and P'Rain went back to their respective classrooms. Blue insisted to stay behind until Bright was done with his treatment, Shan told her that she'll be the one to explain everything to their professors. Hands clasped together, Blue whispered her prayer. "Please, heal Bright." She uttered repeatedly.

"Are you Bright Chiva-aree's friend?" A nurse came out from one of the rooms. Blue stood up immediately and agreed to the nurse. "You're allowed to see him now, we just finished treating him. He's currently resting at the third bed." Blue bowed her head to thank the nurse. She went straight to the third bed and carefully opened the curtains. Bright dozed off and was sleeping peacefully.

She approached him and looked at his injured knee. There was no wrapped cast around it but it was wrapped with bandages. Blue sighed in relief. Goodness, I thought he'll be needing crutches. "You're stubborn, aren't you? Why did you overwork yourself?" She spoke to him even though she knew that he's sleeping. She touched his hair to fix it.

"I wanna get injured everyday if you're gonna be the one who'll take care of me." Bright blurted out and smiled while his eyes were still closed. Blue flinched as fast as she could and moved away from him. "I'll break your bones even more if that's the case. Ugh, you always do that, Bright. Stop pretending that you're asleep." Bright laughed a little.

"I was, until I felt your hand touch my hair." He explained. Blue pouted. "How.. are you?" She worriedly asked. "I told you, I'm fine. You're the stubborn one, not me." Blue slapped his arm. "Are you insane? How could you say you're fine earlier when you're lying down on the field and you acted like you're immobile?" Bright laughed again.

"Alright, I'm not fine earlier. It was really painful, but I feel better now. The doctor said I just overworked my muscles, it exceeded its limit so it became spastic. I'll be okay in a few days and don't worry, I'll be able to walk." Bright thoroughly explained his situation. Blue sighed deeply. "That's good to hear." Silence filled the room after that.

"I lost the match, Blue." He blurted out. I can't believe this guy, he got injured and all that yet he still thinks that losing the match is the important thing right now. "Why are you still thinking about that? You should worry about your safety." Blue groaned. "Well, I'm just saying.." Bright had disappointment in his face. "I don't care about the result. It wasn't a fair win for him, honestly. After what he did to you, I think I wouldn't want to see him for now."

Bright stared at her. I know she's only being fair and siding with the right choice but damn, my heart is fluttering right now. "And also, you're injured so I can't leave you alone like that. Nobody will help you because you don't have friends except for us." Blue added which made Bright laugh. "Aw, that really slapped me in the face, but it's fine.. you guys are enough for me"

After Bright had enough rest, he was immediately released by the clinic. Blue accompanied him while walking even though he can already walk on his own. He's still having a hard time walking since he always leaves his one foot behind but it's manageable and Blue also extended a helping hand.

They went back to their classroom and everybody was staring at them. The professor didn't get mad and just let them sit on their respective seats. "What did you tell her?" Blue whispered to Shan, asking her about what she reasoned out. "I told him, P'Moon was helping Bright practice for football try-outs, he got into an accident that's why he was rushed to the clinic. Good thing those bystanders didn't ruin my plan." Shan explained, then she turned to Bright and asked him how he was feeling.

"I feel better now. It's a bit painful but I can still walk as you can see." Shan nodded and didn't speak again to avoid themselves getting scolded by their professor. Classes went on, periods shifted. After hours of sitting in the room, their school bell rang-- it's time for them to go home.