Chapter 4

The two of them stopped in front of a house across Blue's. "That's my house, are we going to drop by there first? And why are we walking on the wrong sidewalk?" Blue questioned. Bright couldn't help but to shake his head. "This is where I live now, silly. Don't you know that the house beside yours is already occupied? That's the reason why we chose the house across yours." Blue's jaw dropped. Wait, so he's living near us again?!

"But.. how? How did that happen? I mean, yeah, you came back to town but how did you manage to find a vacant house here? More importantly, in this street." Blue couldn't believe it, this is more than just a coincidence. "Mom knows someone from the real estate agency. We already decided to move back during my sophomore year, so we arranged some papers, and we were informed that there are still plenty of vacant houses. Luckily, a family just moved out of this house during that time. Mom didn't hesitate to grab that opportunity because she knew how badly I wanted to reunite with you." Blue kept blinking, she was astonished by Bright's dedication to see her.

"Wow, I'm impressed. You really wanted to find me." Bright chuckled. "Let's go inside." He initiated. "Wait, I might as well invite Papa.." Before Blue could turn around and cross the street, Bright's front door clicked open. "Oh, Blue, dear.. you're here, and Bright.." Blue's father and Bright's mother came out of the house, leaving Blue shocked. "What? You knew about this, Papa?" Blue's father shook his hands to oppose.

"No, that's not what it looks like, dear. Why don't you both come in so we could have a talk." Blue's father proposed. Blue couldn't even nudge a little that's why Bright held her wrist and pulled her while walking. "Sawasdee kha, auntie." Blue said her greetings. "Sawasdee kha, Blue.. you've grown into a beautiful, young lady. It's been so long since I saw you." Blue was given a compliment by Bright's mother. She got shy in an instant. "T-thanks, auntie.." Blue uttered. After that, silence filled the room.

"Blue, I'm sorry.." Mrs. Chiva-aree spoke in a low voice, expressing guilt in her tone. Blue couldn't answer but she knew what Bright's mom was talking about. "I heard everything from your father. I'm sorry that I didn't convince my son to reach out to you even before the both of you entered high school." Her voice cracked, obviously showing that she's fighting the urge to cry. "Oh no, auntie.. Don't cry, please. It's fine now, Bright explained to me. I already forgave him and I understand the situation you were in that time. Bright made the right choice for staying by your side." Blue ran to her and gave her a comforting hug.

"Still, you were deeply hurt and-" Mrs. Chiva-aree exclaimed once again. This time, it was Bright who held her. "There, there, Mom. Let's forget about it, alright? What's important is we're finally reunited again after 8 long years. We can always make new memories, so, don't worry about what has been lost in the past." Bright's mom stopped crying when her son reassured her. Blue couldn't stop staring at the sight of them. He really loves his mom, that's adorable. She admired him for his unconditional love for his mother.

"Alright, alright. Enough drama, I'm going to cook food for us." Mrs. Chiva-aree excused herself and went to the kitchen. Bright kept glancing at Blue's father. "Do you want to say something, Bright?" Mr. Noppachorn noticed. "O-oh. Yes, uncle.. uhm, I want to apologize for leaving your daughter without notice. I never wanted to hurt her, it's just I knew back then that I wouldn't be able to leave if I see her even just for a while." Bright looked down immediately, he was getting ashamed of himself.

"Hey, young man. Look up. It already came from you– you never wanted to hurt her, it's just that you're left with no choice. I understand it. I'm glad that you two finally reconciled. If my daughter has forgiven you, what right do I have to oppose? But this time, you have to make sure that you won't make Blue cry again." Mr. Noppachorn tapped his shoulder and gave him a smile. "You can rely on me with that, uncle. Thanks again." Bright felt relieved, finally.