Chapter 3

It was another normal day. Nothing new, nothing special. Blue was preparing for her morning class, while her father was making her breakfast. "Blue, are you alright? You look stressed these days. Is it because you're adjusting since this is the first time that you became a member of a club?" Blue's father asked. Blue sighed deeply while fidgeting with the kitchen utensils in front of her. Her father knew that she passed the auditions, but she hasn't told him about Bright. She was debating with herself whether she would inform her father about it or it's not an important thing.

"Kinda. Well, I'm easily adapting with the club meetings and such.. but," She paused for a while. Is there a point of telling him? "What is it? Do you have a problem, dear?" Blue's father stopped cooking and faced her daughter.

"Papa, do you remember my childhood friend? Our neighbor way back 8 or 10 years ago?" Her question made her father sit down in front of her. "Yeah, you've been telling me things about him non stop when you were a child. Of course, I still remember him. He also made you cry so bad, that also made me remember him." Blue's father acted tough which made her laugh.

"Stop it, Papa. Uh, well.. are you sure you don't know why he didn't bid me goodbye?" Her father gathered up his thoughts. He tried his best to remember what happened years ago. "I am sure, dear. His mother just messaged me when they were already gone, I also asked her about the two of you since you started to cry every day back then. She told me that her son didn't want you to know that they'll be gone for good. I asked why, but she never gave me an answer because her son also didn't tell her the reason." Blue felt her heart shatter into pieces. So, Bright really chose not to inform me, but now he's begging me to listen to his explanation? Isn't he ashamed of himself?

"Honey, are you still hurting because of what happened? Does music remind you of him?" Blue looked at her father with pain in her eyes. "Papa.. he's back" Blue's voice cracked as she told her father that she met him after 8 long years. "What? How did you know?" Her father asked worriedly.

"He's.. my classmate, and he's also in the same club as me.." Blue suppressed her tears. She didn't want to cry in front of her father early in the morning. She promised herself that the last time she'll be crying about her childhood friend would be during her freshman year. "Oh, dear.. Come here, Blue." Her father opened his arms wide to welcome Blue into a hug. Blue buried herself in her father's arm as she cried her heart out. She couldn't take it anymore. The pain was still there, it's never gone.

"What happened at school? Did you two talk?" Blue shook her head. "No, I don't want to talk to him. He said that he'll explain what happened, but I don't want to hear it. He abandoned me, Papa. How could I believe him?" Blue's father sighed. He wiped his daughter's tears before kissing her forehead. "I know deep inside your heart, you still want to hear his explanation. Blue, I know you'll feel it if the person is telling you the truth. You can feel it in your heart. Maybe, you're being held back by your grudge towards him. I know he hurt you so much, but everyone has their own reasons, you should listen to him. I know that he would never hurt you on purpose, dear."

Blue's father's words hit a soft spot on her heart. It's true that she's still dying to know what Bright's reasons were. She was just getting eaten by her emotions that she wanted to avoid the present situation. "Yeah, you're right, Papa. Thanks. I'll hear his explanation." Both of them smiled at each other. Blue's father pulled her into a tight hug. "Good. I don't want to see you cry over him again, Blue. Please, I hope you find your peace regarding what happened between the two of you." I hope so too, Papa. I'm getting tired of being stuck in the past. I hope we can resolve this soon.

Both of them started eating their breakfast after Blue calmed herself down. "How is he now? Is he here for good?" Blue pouted when her father started to ask questions about Bright. "Well, I think he's doing fine. He looks healthy so I think they don't have family problems anymore. About him being here for good, I still don't know, Papa. We haven't talked seriously, just short talks only." Blue's father nodded.