Chapter 23

It's been a week since Blue was discharged from the hospital. She already recovered and has healed enough to go back to school again. The environment seemed odd for her since everybody tends to look at her, Blue was confused as to why people were staring but her friends had her back and protected her away from mischievous people.

She returned to her original self, the Blue who's cheerful and is like a ray of sunshine. She also kept her promise to P'Moon, that she'll keep on choosing him over Bright. Blue couldn't understand what's going on but she agreed to P'Moon's suggestion to make him happy.

Blue still believes that he is the most important friend she has before Shan. Bright, on the other hand, was slowly losing hope that Blue could still remember what they had and who he is in her life. Everytime he sees the two, his chest tightens, and he suddenly has the urge to cry.

He couldn't hate Blue or P'Moon because they weren't doing the things that hurt him on purpose. He believed that what's happening was just because she lost her memories. "Nong, you sure you're alright?" P'Fun asked. Blue Skies were now practicing their original song and Bright seemed distracted.

Since Blue still couldn't remember being in a band, they've decided that she won't participate in the Battle of the Bands. So, Bright finished the song on his own, he poured his own feelings and emotions to it. It was hard for him, the song that should've been made by him and Blue was ended by him alone.

Bright wanted to perform with her. It's important for him because it's the first song they composed together, but he just convinced himself that he'd perform for her. "Phi, sorry.." Bright felt guilty because the band has been continuously affected by his emotions. P'Fun instructed the other members to take a break first.

"It's alright, we understand you. It's hard, isn't it?" He nodded. "Did you have the chance to hang out with her?" P'Fun added. "No, I don't think she's avoiding me. I think she really just wants to be with P'Moon because he's the one she can remember." Bright smiled bitterly. Being able to witness the two of them happy, while I'm just sitting across them or near them, it's heartbreaking.

"So, you wanted to give up on her?" Bright stared at P'Fun after hearing his question. "N-no.. but I'm slowly losing hope." He looked down to the ground. "But you can still feel hope?" Bright nodded. "Then, hang on to that hope. Even if it's just 1 percent or 0.5 percent, don't lose it. You'll never know it can turn things the other way around."

P'Fun tapped his shoulder. "Nong, keep this mind, okay? The mind forgets but the heart always remembers." Bright immediately smiled when he had his realizations. P'Fun's right, I should hang on to that 1 percent or even 0.5 percent of hope. "Thanks, P'Fun. You made me realize things, I think I'm okay now." The two bumped their chest. "Good, now let's get back to practice. We only have a week left."

Everyone who's going to join a contest is getting busy preparing for it. Since Blue wouldn't be joining The Battle of the Bands, he's left with P'Moon. For this year, the sports league was moved to give way for the school fair, so P'Moon didn't have game practices.

"Good thing we didn't have a sports league this time of the year, you wouldn't be alone." P'Moon blurted out. The two were hanging out in a cafe nearby. "It's alright, I wouldn't mind being alone." Blue assured him. "But still, someone might bother you. No one would help you if you're alone." He wiped her mouth with a napkin.

"I can handle myself, P'Moon. I'm not a child anymore." She laughed. "Yeah, yeah. You always say that." Their attention was caught when a group of people entered the cafe. Oh, it's her bandmates. P'Moon glanced at Blue to make sure she's alright with seeing them. "You okay?" Blue nodded.

Now playing: The Night We Met by Lord Huron (play the bg music if you want)