Chapter 18

Chapter 18 Zack POV

I wake up and expect to see my beautiful girlfriend next to me, but I am in white, clinical room. My body is hooked up to machines and my leg is propped up by a pulley. An IV drip coming out of my arm and runs down and back up to a drip. My body is numb and my mind is blank.  

“Oh you woke up. I’ll call the doctor. You should be able to leave soon.” I try and think back at what happened. I was with Taylor and Lily driving back from HQ. We were driving and… Oh GOD! The crash came back to me. “Where’s Lily and Taylor?”

“Oh, Well your sister is outside with Taylor’s parents. And Taylor, she hasn't woke up yet. I’ll get the doctor to inform you of her condition.”

“Can you send in my sister and Taylor’s parents?”

“Sure honey.” She left me in the room. A few minutes later Lily came running up to me and jumped up on the bed. I let out a low groan as she hit my leg on the way up. I guess my leg is getting feeling back.

“Zacky.” I look down at Lily. I kiss her forehead. she has tear stains running down her face. “I scared. I miss Tay tay.” I wrap my arms around her.

“Hey Lils. It’ll be okay? You're not hurt?” She shakes her head left to right. “Good. Hey how about this? When we get out of here we go to the Zoo?” Lily nods her head vigorously. Taylor’s Dad grabs Lils off the bed and they sit in the chair on the couch in the corner. I hug Mum. She hugs me back just as tight.

“I’m so sorry Mum I should have protected her. It’s all my fault. I-” I start to apologise but am cut off when she smacks my ear.

“You silly boy! You did nothing wrong. I was that idiot paparazzo trying to get a picture of you both. He could have killed you both. It’s his fault not yours. Taylor won’t like you saying that it was your fault.”

“But -” I am cut of my a death glare sent my way from her.

“Zack I wouldn’t push it from here. She always get her way.” Taylor’s dad called out to me.

“Okay.” I finally give in. But I still feel guilty.

“Good. The Doctor is about to come and help you  out so you see Taylor.” Thank god!

“Good Morning Mr. Ashmore. Well you have been asleep since last night. That was only due to the painkillers. Your leg is broken and you have quite a few cuts and bruises. They will heal fine through. Mr and Mrs Kelly told me that you’re dating Taylor Kelly who came in just after you. We are going to get you off the bed and into a wheelchair so you can see her.” Just then two nurses came and helped me down onto the wheelchair. Lily sits down in my lap and then Mr and Mrs. K followed me to Taylor’s room.

“Miss Kelly is still unconscious. She had two blood transfusions and we have seen signs of brain activity. We need to still talk to you separately we want to ask some questions. But for now have some solo time with her. We recommend talking, sometimes it can increase brain activity and may lead to her waking up quicker.” Lily and Taylor’s parents let me go in alone with the doctor. I roll over to the side of her bed. I pick up her hand and bring my lips to it.