Chapter 10

Chapter 10 Zack POV

We have been down at apollo bay for a few days now. Yesterday we went to the beach again. This time we showed them some techniques on how to surf properly and played some beach cricket. Aussie tradition. Today we decided to go further into land. There is an awesome place about an hour away in the middle of the forest. The Otway fly. It’s a massive tree walk but there Is also this cool zip line between the trees. We are planning on going zip lining today. My parents and Dean came down yesterday. Mum and Dad are going to take Lils around so that we can all go zip lining including Dean.

After arriving we all get harnessed up and then are briefed on the safety instructions of the zip line. We get two instructor to take us around the start of the course. We clip in and I am the first to go along. The guide pulls up the rope connected to my seat. I am released and go flying towards the next station. I go hurtling towards the next tree picking up speed. I reach out and brush my and against the next tree. We are probably about 50m (164 feet ½ inch) up in the air. The trees in the part of the world are thousands of years old. There are some leaning over threatening to break at any moment. But you also have the smaller trees pushing up ready to take their place in a few thousand years.

I love this country. You can travel  one hour either way and have a different view of the country. Drive an hour north from the beach you hit the forests. Drive another hour west you reach the desert and farm lands. Drive an hours east you hit the mountains and sky fields. I love that about this country, being able to experience so many different environments with not traveling around the world. We are not that stereotypical Aussies. we don’t live in the bush and we DON’T ride kangaroos to school.

When I reach the end of this part of the line I jump down onto the platform that wraps around the tree. I turn around to the rest of the group and fist pump the air. They all cheer for me and begin to come down one after each other. I turn around to line up for the next one after the male instructor.

“Hey cutie.” I turn around to find the instructor calling me over. What the hell does he want couldn’t he tell I’m with Zack?

“What do you want?” I don’t want him getting any of the wrong ideas. I love Zack and don’t this getting any wrong ideas.

“Fiesty, I like it.” I roll my eyes at him. “So honey where you from. You have an Australian accent so you live around here?”

I huff. “Dude seriously, I have a boyfriend so stop flirting with me I just gross.”

“He doesn’t need to find out.”

This comment cracks me. “I’m sorry but he’s just there.” I point to him at the start of the zip line about to start it. “He will seriously kill you if you don’t back off.” With that he grumbles away. A few seconds later I feel two hands wrap around my waist. Their warm and send shivers and tingles up my spine. I turn and place a kiss on Zack’s lips. de tries to deepen it but I pull away being cheeky and slap his cute but.

“See ya babe!!” I call out as I fly between the trees. This time I start backwards waving to Zack and spin around closer to the end.