Chapter 16

AGENT ADAM'S POV

My alarm struck 00:00 and I immediately received a video call from Fahad.

"Happy birthday, Babyyy." He screamed, causing me to release my phone and closed my ear.

"What the fuck, Ace?" I glared.

"What? It's your birthday, I always do this."

"Not when I'm undercover, you idiot!" I whispered-yelled, getting up from the bed.

"Put your Scarf on." He ordered and I immediately wore it. Ashraf came into view with a stupid grin on his face.

"Happy birthday, Tinker."

"Call me Tinker again and I'll make sure to break your arm when I see you." I threatened and he laughed, thinking it was a joke.

"Oh you were being serious." He composed himself and just stared at me through the screen.

"Happy birthday Ashraf." Just then, a knock sounded on their door.

"It's Jalil and Kamal. Bye." They disconnected the call and I heard a knock on my door.

"Are you awake?" Hanan asked from the other side of the door.

I opened the door and there she stood with Fateema beside her, both holding a bucket of water.

"Happy birthday." And before I could decipher what was happening, I was drenched from head to toe.

"What the......" I trailed, not wanting to say the F word in their presence.

"We couldn't do this to Ya Ashraf because he would skin us alive." Fateema chuckled, coming into my room.

"And you decided to wet me instead of him." I rolled my eyes taking dry pair of clothes from the closet. A tank top and sweatpants.

After changing, I came out to find them laid on my bed with one of my guns under the pillow Hanan was resting on.

"What else brings you to my room in the middle of the night?" I asked, sitting cross legged on the bed, facing them.

"For you to tell us why Ya Ashraf's attitude towards you has decreased by a considerably large amount." Fateema said.

They noticed? Oh God, I'm in trouble.

"Why do you say that?" I asked like I didn't know what they were talking about.

"1. He cared to ask whether you had breakfast this morning." Hanan started.

"2. He didn't complain about taking you to the mall." Fateema added.

"3. He called you by your name which is something he doesn't. He always calls you a witch."

"4. He kept glancing at you throughout lunch."

"5. He complimented the parfaits you made earlier which was yummy by the way, but you know he would have never accepted that fact."

"6. He kept glaring at Jalil or Kamal today whenever they talk to you."

"That's not a point. He always glares at them because he thinks I'm manipulating them into liking him and they don't take him seriously." I explained. That was a half lie. That was when I was Aisha to him but now that he knows who I am, he was glaring at them for a completely different reason.

"That explains it. But what about the other points? You have an excuse for those?" Hanan asked with a raised eyebrow.

"As a matter of fact, I do. I'm feeling sleepy right now so how about we discuss this tomorrow morning?" I faked a yawn and they got off my bed, thankfully with none of them sighting the gun.