Chapter 29

JANNAH'S POV

"Bloody Hell!" I muttered under my breath.

"I thought his parents were dead?" He asked, running his hand through his black silky, curly, soft....

Snap out of it, Jann!

"No." And he gave me a questioning look.

"Long story, I'll explain later. We need to go back home, now." I ordered, trying to head back to our table but he stopped me.

"Mami said not to tell him about this. We should find a way to get him back home without informing him of the situation." He explained and I nodded.

"I have an idea. Hold me." I ordered, handing him my hand.

"Urmm...." He was lost.

"Just do it."

He swung my hand over his shoulder and I started to limp all the way to our table.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Ace jumped up from his seat and held me in his arms.

"Is she alright?" Hanan worriedly asked and I groaned, alerting Ace.

"Let's get you to the hospital." Fahad said, picking me up bridal style.

"No need. I called the nurse and told her to meet us at home." Ashraf said.

"What happened to her?" Hanan asked as they hurriedly took me to the car.

Oh no! What excuse should I give them?

"She accidentally hit her arm against the door." Ashraf explained, starting the car. Ace laid my head on his lap in the backseat and Hanan sat in the passenger's seat.

"Drive as fast as you can, you hear me?" Ace said.

"Got it."

Ace placed his hand on my thorax and I winced. It was still painful even though I faked injuring it.

"I'm sorry. Thank God it's not bleeding." He sighed, resting his head on the headrest.

The fast ride home was a silent one, I almost fell asleep. It took us about 45 minutes to reach home. The moment we arrived, Ace picked me up and quickly took me in.

"You're gonna be alright. Nothing's going to happen to you." He assured, walking us into the living room.

"Ace?" I called out, looking at the three strange people staring at us.

"Baby, what's  wrong?" He worriedly asked.

"Put me down."

"Huh?"

"Put me down, I'm alright." I told him and he did as told.

"Wh-wh... I don't get what's happening, Baby?" He confusedly asked with a frown.

"Ace, I need you to calm down and here what I have to say, okay?" I lectured, holding his hand.

"Is this his wife?" The elder lady asked, her Arabian accent unmissable.

"No. She's his sister." Mami explained to them.

"Good evening." He greeted, bowing his head slightly.

"How are you, my son?" The man asked with a huge grin.

"I'm fine." He replied and turned to me.

"Do you know them?" He asked and I smiled sadly.

"Baby, you're scaring me."

"Ace, everything is fine. Sit down and we'll talk about it." I sat him down on the couch and everyone did the same.