Chapter 44

JANNAH'S POV

It's 20 minutes past 11 and there's no trace of Junaid or any  human being. I decided to stay outside rather than go into the building. I kept pacing, glancing at my watch and then the gates.

What's taking him long? Or is he not coming?

My thoughts were cut short when the gates were pushed opened. I turned abruptly and came face to face with Junaid. I watched him keenly as he took tentative steps towards me with a smile.

"Sorry, I'm late. I was caught up in traffic." He says, then nods as a form of greeting.

"Hmm." I hummed with a curt nod, glancing at his shoulder.

"You look good as usual." He commented and I roll my eyes at him, showing him I'm not interested in whatever nonsense he was getting at.

"Have you gotten any information about the case? The Jaded's whereabouts? Or Houssam's?" I asked and he smiled.

"Yes, I did. Found out everything. " He answered with a snicker.

"Where are they?" I asked almost immediately, taking a step forward.

"Don't you think it's a little unsafe for you to be out pass your curfew?" He asked.

What's he getting at?

"Cut the Bullshit. And tell me what you know." I snapped, ready to get it all over with.

"Well....."

"Well, what? Can you tell me already? It's been a long week and I need a good night's sleep please." I sighed, rubbing my forehead, feigning ignorance.

He chuckled. "Fine. I will tell you."

"Oh thank God." I exhaled loudly.

"Well...... I found out the boy and his parents, and obviously Houssam were all working together. Threatened Mia to be part of them, poor girl. Recruited Skye Johnson to spy on you on your assignment in Nigeria. Its clear that Zayn Jaded has been the mole ever since he stepped foot in this building. They run a very huge illegal drug business in this country, but after Mr. Jaded made a... um unwise betting at gambling, all their money and business as well were taken from them. That, I do not know by whom. Anyways, Houssam and an anonymous person- I don't know the identity of the person yet- devised a plan and joined forces with the Jaded's. It was for the Jaded's to earn Fahd's trust and get closer to your family..."

"So they could kill us all and gain our wealth and properties. So they were responsible for the escape of Houssam." I completed his sentence, finally able to put everything together.

"Smart girl." He complemented.

"But what could possibly be in for Houusam and y- and for the unknown person that they'd go through anyone and kill any person to help the Jaded's?" I asked, almost calling him out.

Phew. That was close.

"You and your brother are respectively and individually wealthy, not to talk of your parents. I believe they do not doubt that the Jaded's will give them a fair share of those wealth once they've gotten a hold of it. And my source also told me that Houssam and that person said they'd personally enjoy torturing both you and your brother till the thoughts of death becomes appealing to you too for everything you've done to them." He spoke with such malice that cannot be hidden.

"Baby, we've got what we need. But you need to get out of there. NOW!" Fahd's voiced roared in my ear.

I sighed, exasperated. "I have to go to Fahd and tell him about this new information." I said hurriedly, attempting to walk pass him towards the gates when I felt the cold tip of a gun on my covered neck.