Chapter 42

JANNAH'S POV

It was supposed to be a fun week with the Safanas but nooo..... my shit for cousin brother had to spoil everything together with his parents and Houssam.

Now here I am, on my way to tell my brother that his actual parents and only brother are criminals. It'll hurt, real bad but I just have to tell him.

I knock on the door and heard a series of 'come in'. I deep breath and pushed the door open.

"Hey guys, can I have a minute with Fahd?" I asked them, scratching the back of my neck, feeling nervous all of a sudden.

Kamal and Jalil said Hey and walked out the door. Ash stopped by my side and lowered himself so his mouth was directly at my ear.

"I haven't had time with you. Let me take you out for dinner today." He asked, more like stated and I find myself nodding my head.

No! You have tons of work to do, plans to make-

"I'd love that."  I whispered. He kissed the top of my head and left silently.

"What was that?" Ace asked, giving me a teasing looks and I rolled my eyes at him.

"He was just asking me out, but I know you already know that."

"I do. So what's up? You look tired." He stated, giving me a once over.

"Yeah well, that's what happens when your boss gives you a very difficult task and isn't willing to help with it." I told him with a smile.

"Ahhh but that's what employees get paid for." He retorted and I shot him a glare, making him chuckle. He dragged me to the couch and sat me down beside him. His warm hands embraced me, bringing me closer to him as my head rested on his chest and his chin on my head. I can hear the steady beating of his heart.

"I'm gonna miss your hugs when you marry Hanan." I teased but we both know I'm being very serious. I snuggled closer taking in as much warmth as I can.

"Don't worry, I'm sure Ashraf gives a better hug than I do." He teased as well and I smiled.

"How's it going between you two, by the way?" I asked him.

"Hanan and I are great. Dad and I have had a long talk about it, and I'm pretty sure you two will be having a long conversation very soon also." He explained.

"About what?" I asked, confused.

"Ahh, I can't hide it from you. Our parents have set the date for both my marriage with Hanan and your with Ashraf..."

Wait! What?!

"And since youve resigned from your job. Dad agreed to make me the CEO of our IT company in Quwait, and you the COO since you'd be getting married to Ashraf. And Ashraf lives there so it'll be convenient. But you didn't hear it from me, okay?" I hummed a response, too shocked to utter a word.

Wow. And all this happened without me knowing a single thing?

"What did you come to talk about?" He asked and I instantly frowned, remembering what I actually came to tell him.

I sighed. "I have tried to come up with a way to sugar-coated the truth but I couldn't. Your brother is the mole, your real parents are his allies together with Houssam and now even Skye Jackson. They were responsible for the escape of Houssam and....."

"And what?" He asked, his voice quiet.

"Junaid is their weapons supplier. I know you'd think I'm saying this out of jealousy but....."

"No, I know about that. Found out the day I released Mia. I also found out she was being threatened, so now we're working with her because I figured out that they're after you apparently." I gasped. So he found out about all this and he didn't bother to tell me?

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked him, a bit hurt that he would hide something like this from me.

"Baby, I didn't want you ti work yourself too much about it. You're already stressed out as it is, so I took it upon myself to devise a plan." He cleared out and I look at him expectantly, waiting for him to elaborate.

"All the evidence you've gathered. Send them to me and I'll hand them to FBI, I contacted them already, because this fight is bigger than us since you said real weapons are involved. All this is going down tonight, they're all going behind bars Tonight. I do not care if we are related by blood, they are coming for my family and I won't tolerate that. I'd do anything to protect you, whoever it is that might a threat to you." He kissed the top of my head and got up from his seat.

"You're going to call Junaid and ask him to meet up with you. Tell him you figure out everything about the case and you want the two of you to talk about it. Know that I'll be there with you, in hiding though. So will the Police and the FBI. I'm sure Zayn, his parents and Houssam will be there to get a chance at capturing you. 11pm, at the Organization, it will be closed by then and he'll know it......"

I gave him a keen ear as he explained everything I need to do in details.

"It is very risky." I stated and he sighed heavily.

"I know, but it's the only chance we'll get before they come for us. I just hope we win the battle." 

"We will, in sha Allah."

"What will we tell mom and dad?" I asked him.

"Nothing. No one should know about what is going on, we just do what we have to and when this is over, then we'll tell them."  He answered.

"And Ash?"

"He's been looking forward to having some time with you, so If you can be able to make it to the Organisation even if it is for Ash to drop you off, no problem. Just make sure you're prepared and I'll be there waiting for you." He assured and I nod my head.

"Whatever happens tonight, I promise you I won't let a single harm come to you, even if it is at the expense of my own life." He told me, cupping my cheeks with a smile.

"And whatever happens, I will protect you with all I've got, even if I die in the process." I told him as well.

"Tonight, for one final time, we'll bring the bad guys to justice." I assured him with a wide grin which he returned.

"In sha Allah."