Chapter 41

JANNAH'S POV

"You're fucking kidding me, right?" I asked, with a dry laugh.

This can't be real!

"Put your guns down and get on your knees, agents." Agent Junaid barked.

I laughed. "Not happening."

"Are you crazy?! Put the gun down!" Ace whispered yelled into my ear.

"You know me better than that, bro." I told Ace.

"What's all this about?" I asked, my tone harsh.

This doesn't make sense. Junaid can't possibly be the infiltrator. I just can't believe that.

There's no fucking-

"I can't believe Fahd fell for that." Junaid laughed hard, clutching his stomach as the rest of the agents came out of hiding.

"What the fuck is going on?" I asked loudly. I don't like being messed with, not at all.

"He pulled a prank on us. On me, to be precise." Ace said, quietly tucking his gun away.

I chuckled lightly and everyone laughed as well but then I pulled the trigger, shooting his left leg. He yelped out of pain, and got down on one knee.

"No one makes fun of my brother, only I get to do that. Got that?" I said to him with a sweet smile, looking down at him.

He nod curtly. "Yes Ma'am"

"Good."

Ace helped him up and Junaid gave me an amused look.

"What?" I asked, irritated that denied me my peace and rest for a stupid prank.

"You just shot and threatened your boss." He stated, surprised at his own words.

"And you just pranked your Boss." Ace fired, staring at him with a poker face.

"Well I wouldn't have done that if my boss didn't pull such a childish act on me. That was very stupid, you know that right?" I lectured and he gave me a sheepish smile, apologising to Ace but sticking his tongue out for me.

"God! You're such a child." I muttered, running my hand over my face out of frustration. Everyone cleared out and it was only the three of us left.

"There's actually a very important situation at hand that only you two can handle. It about Zayn Jaded, our new intern-"

Ace cut him off before he could finish. "My brother? What happened to him?"

Junaid sighed. "He's gone rogue sir, and he stole a flash drive that contains all of your work, Jannah. The criminals you've uncovered, info's about them, everything...."

What?!

No way! No fucking way!

"Why would he do that? What would he do with them and why would he just go rogue?" I asked, because the entire thing doesn't add up.

"That's what I was hoping you and Sir would know. No one knows about this except for the three of us, and also the fact that some unknown person broke Houssam out of the holding cell." Junaid said that last part quietly.

I all but screamed. "What?!"

"Do you know how hard it was for us to get him? How could you let him escape so easily." Ace spat, glaring daggers at Junaid.

My God! I'm feeling a headache coming up.

"So let me get this straight. All my life's work has been stolen, an agent has gone missing and no one knows what he's up to, and my arch nemesis, the person who swore to torture and killed me, the same man I fought hard to put cuffs around his wrists just a day ago has escaped? And this all happened within the span of 24 hours?" My voice was rising with each word and I was raging with anger, annoyance and frustration. And I was very tired, I need rest!