Chapter 7; Mad King's End?

•3rd POV•

A week had passed since Michael and Rays little spat. Gavin had been staying closer to Michael ever since as the warrior had brought him to the infirmary and stayed with him all night. The lad never saw Ray anymore, which disappointed the man further. At the moment, Gavin and Michael were out in the woods, on the sunny Sunday.

"Good parrying Gavin" Michael praised. They were practicing swordsmanship and fighting skills once more. Gavin beamed at the praise, his eyes narrowing immediately as Michael shot his sword at Gavin, who brought his rapier up to deflect the sword easily.

"How bout we call it quits boi?" Michael asked, lowering his sword. The British male nodded, putting his sword away and Michael sheathed his sword as well. The two men walked over to their mounts, who had been grazing quietly, tied to separate trees.

"Micoo, can we ride for a little before returning?" Gavin asked, as he untied Grisham's reins from the tree.

"Sure boi" Michael nodded, as he untied Hidalgo and mounted. Gavin smiled happily as he swung into his own saddle.

"Micool? Do you ever think of being King? You could easily overtake our Mad King Ryan?" Gavin asked, turning Grisham towards the trail in the woods.

"Honestly Gav? I've thought about it but I don't think I could beat him, he's different than a normal enemy. He's more cunning and he calculates every move, no matter what he's doing" Michael responded, voicing his thoughts. Gavin only nodded, his eyes focusing on the trail in front of them. His mind was whirring with unspoken thoughts, but he kept quiet.

Eventually, both males made their way to the stables and put the two horses away. Gavin parted ways with Michael and the male headed towards his room in the castle, as night fell. He entered his room and took off his unitard, and replaced it with his thick leather cap, shirt and pants. He slid on his thick wrapped leather boots before stepping over to a closet, pulling the doors open. Before him stood an armor stand with rare diamond armor and an enchanted bow with a quiver full of arrows.

He pulled on the heavy diamond armor and then slung the quiver over his shoulder and grabbed his bow in his hand. The man walked to the far corner of his room and climbed down a hidden ladder and followed a tunnel and came out outside the castle. He ran into the woods, used to the weight of the armor. He had been going out of the castle every night for the past two months, training with this bow. The armor had been his fathers that King Geoff had given him and his mother had made him his bow, and the arrows were easy to make on his own.

He had set up a shooting range for himself and he had to admit he was getting better. He had also convinced Michael to help him train in swordsmanship and fighting after his dad died to carry out his wishes of having Gavin sword trained. The man almost felt he was ready to fight the king, but he wanted to be sure of victory, so he wanted to train once more. He knew that if this went wrong, than he would be thrown in the dungeon and mostly likely be killed.

Gavin would rather die than see someone other than of the Ramsey blood on the throne, or at least, someone so mad, so crazy like the current king. Thinking back on it now, he had wished that he had accepted his fathers proposal to take the throne as his heir. He reached his archery range and nocked an arrow, before aiming at a worn target. He aimed the bow, breathed in, and breathed out before letting the arrow fly. He bulls-eyed the target, before firing several more at other targets, hitting the red dot in the middle every time. After a half hour of target practice, Gavin called it quits, finally happy with his training.

The man ran back to the castle, into his tunnel and up his ladder. He took off the armor, and put the bow away back in its closet. He took off his leather clothings and slipped on a light woolen nightgown of a green, silver and black coloring. The man laid in his bed, the moon streaming into his room as he closed his eyes, pulling his wool blanket over his body and tucking it over his shoulder and under his arms.

¥£¥£¥£¥£¥

The sun shone over Gavin's bed, and he rose slowly, his eyes opening slowly as he sat up. The man threw his legs over the bed, and twisted his back, hearing a satisfying crack. He stood up from the bed, hearing the rest of his bones crack as he stepped over to the closet. He pulled on his thick leather cap, shirt and pants. He felt his nerves as he pulled on his thick wrapped leather boots before stepping over to the other closet, pulling the doors open. He grabbed the armor and with a heavy heart, pulled on the heavy diamond armor and then slung the quiver over his shoulder and grabbed his bow in his hand. He grabbed the rapier he had been practicing with and belted the sword, in its sheath on his belt.

Gavin walked to the door and pulled it open, walking down the hall towards the throne room. He held his head high as he walked and he stopped in front of the throne room doors. He breathed in a deep breath before letting it out slowly, and then he pushed open the door. To his delight, the only occupants of the throne room where the King and his knight.

"What Jester?" The king asked, his voice deep and short, straight to the point. Gavin didn't answer, but continued walking until he reached parallel to the throne. Gavin turned to the left to face the throne, and the ruler that sat upon it. He raised his bow, nocked an arrow before he spoke, his voice strong.

"I am challenging you for the throne, and if I kill you, I'm to recieve the throne" Gavin stated.

"I accept, but you do understand if you fail, it is the dungeon for you, and ultimately death" The king responded, taking his sword out. Ray went to take a step forward, but Ryan looked at him and the knight stepped back.

Gavin fired the arrow the moment Ryan turned his head back but the king deflected the arrow off his sword. Gavin fired arrow after arrow, but they got deflected, only one finding its mark in the king's shoulder, but it did little damage, because of the fur cape he wore.

Gavin dropped his bow and pulled out his rapier, dashing towards Ryan and their swords clashed. Ryan's sword was heavier, but Gavin was faster and ducked under the sword's blade before twisting. Ryan slashed Gavin's leg and the man grunted, fumbling for a second, before flipping and blocked Ryan's sword, before pushing up. He managed to get to his feet before stumbling and taking a step backwards. He pushed Gavin to the ground and held the sword to his throat, before Gavin stopped struggling.

Ray watched the whole thing with a kind of anger at both of them. He was mad at Ryan for even attacking Gavin, and he was mad at Gavin for foolishly challenging the man, although it looked like Gavin had trained.

"I-I forfeit" He mumbled, knowing his fate now. Ryan stood, sheathing his sword and gestured for Ray to come over. Ray stepped over, head bowed as he glanced down at Gavin.

"Take him to the dungeon" Ryan stated, turning back to the throne.

"Yes, Ryan" Ray stated, grasping Gavin's upper arm and hauling him to his feet. He pushed the man towards the throne room's door and down the hall.

"What were you thinking?" Ray whispered to Gavin, his voice slightly harsh.

"At least I had the knob to challenge him, even if I-I lose my life, I-I just couldn't let hi-" Gavin didn't finish his words as Ray led him down some stairs.

"Gav, I'm sorry" Ray whispered as he brought him into a dungeon with at least ten cells and half were filled. Gavin looked upon his new home, where he didn't know when he would die. Gavin was put in a cell the furtherest from the last prisioner. He sighed as Ray unlocked the cell door and gently led Gavin in, before turning, leaving and locking the door behind him. Gavin grasped the cold iron with his hands, watching as Ray left him. At least, when the king finally decided to get rid of him, he would be with his parents once more.

[Hey my little mogars, Mama Mogar here once again, and lookie, double update, two in two days! Yay! Poor Gavin :'(( but here is Chapter 7! Chapter 8:: Prision Days will hopefully be up sometime this week, if not then next week. Also check out my new Q&A book where polls, future updates along with Questions you ask that I'll answer, :D bye my little mogars, Mama Mogar out]